Is this correct - Elddis Typhoon XL 1991 2,000

Jan 16, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking at getting into caravaning, and to be honest, haven't got a clue what i'm looking for expect 4 berth..

I have been offered a Eldiss Typhoon XL 1991 for 2grand is this right price or should i offer less - it's clean tody and comes with an awning...

any advice would be appreciated - i.e what to look for and how to value them etc...

thanks hope someone can help

Jan 13, 2008
Visit site
Best advise i can give you is search internet sits i.e Autotrader etc and see wot that van is going for then compare i have done this alot and gives you some kind of idea what you should be paying.

Happy caravaning

John P

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Most importantly, any caravan, especially one of that age, must be checked for damp. I'd stay clear of it if any damp is present, whatever the price. Otherwise, as John says, try searching around the internet websites for similar ones to compare with.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Chris,

I have to say that 2K for a 18year old caravan seems a lot to me - it would have to be pretty special to warrant that sort of price, as others have said look around to see what other vans of that make and age are selling for.

Jan 31, 2009
Visit site
Hi Chris,

I have to say that 2K for a 18year old caravan seems a lot to me - it would have to be pretty special to warrant that sort of price, as others have said look around to see what other vans of that make and age are selling for.
I've had a 91 Cyclone XL from new and still looks good and better built with fibreglass front than many newer vans - but look for damp in back corners, a known weak point, due to poor sealing of rear light clusters and lower back panel. Look also for swelling caused by damp around front windows - if these OK it could be a good buy for circa

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts