Is this taking a liberty?

May 21, 2008
Visit site
At the beginning of our holiday to Orkney we had an overnight stop near Inverness with our caravan and my father's motorhome. The caravan was pitched on a very small hardstanding which was not much bigger than the van itself and the grassy area beside it was in a poor boggy state. The motorhome was pitched opposite the caravan on a nice big grassy pitch and so we decided to park our car alongside the motorhome. No sooner had I done this and was fixing up the electrics in the rain for the motorhome when a guy appeared from a caravan pitched immediately behind the motorhome and asked if I would move the car early in the morning so he could drive his caravan through the motorhome pitch. Caught on the hop and being the polite person I am I said yes. When I told my husband he was slightly cheesed off and on reflection so was I. The caravan which wanted to use my dad's pitch was located about 0.5m away from a caravan on it's adjacent pitch even though the pitch was large, obviously lined up for driving through my father's pitch. He had driven straight onto his pitch and unhitched with the hitch away from the road and instead facing my dad's pitch. Our questions were, was he unable to turn or reverse his van on his pitch and why when he arrived did he not just drive straight through and pitch up where my dad's motorhome was subsequently pitched? Are some people just stupid?

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
i would have gone back and said i am not moving the car because if you had parked your caravan correctly in the first place there wouldnt have been any problem , and why didnt the site warden tell him to pitch correctly , half a metre from an adjacent van is against fire regulations

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I suppose it depended on the manner he asked me because we all have to allow for idiots. Even so I would have still had my ha'pennorth in asking him why he pitched like that.

Aug 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi,
some people have the cheek of the devil,mind you being the person i am if asked in a polite way i would have moved the car.
well thats my comments All the Best Alan P/T

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts