Isle of Wight

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
I would like to have some feedback too. We are thinking of going next year. Prefer a quiet site that takes dogs. How much (approx) does it cost to take a car and van across to the Isle?

Jun 6, 2005
Visit site
Just come back from a week at the Orchards. A great site but I did have the best on site (pitch behind the swimming pool)..Very clean, great for the dog. One of the best site shops I have seen. Yes Iwould recomd it

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lisa

I'm off to the Orchards on Sunday for a week i'll ley you know what its like when I get back if its not to late
Thanks Martyn I look forward to that. I get extra hols next year and I am just looking round. I like to plan in advance. Hope you have a great time.

Lisa

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try Whitefield Forest, Ryde.

This is a brand new site set amongst trees with very generous pitches and immaculate toilet facilities, and is very dog friendly.

It only opened in March this year and has already been awarded 4 pennants by the AA.

No shop on site, but Tesco is only 2 mins down the road and open 24 hours.

A 5 minute drive wil take you to St Helens Duver, the only dog friendly beach on the Island during the summer, and a large open area of national trust land with very little traffic so the dogs can run free.

Jan 6, 2007
Visit site
I would like to have some feedback too. We are thinking of going next year. Prefer a quiet site that takes dogs. How much (approx) does it cost to take a car and van across to the Isle?
we went at the end of june for ten days to southlands,

May 7, 2007
Visit site
Lisa, Like emmerson, I would recommend Southlands, we stayed there a couple of years ago. I saw an ad in Practicle Caravan with Red Funnell and booked, it was about

Feb 26, 2006
Visit site
Just got back from isle of wight and stayed at southlands fantastic campsite.The site is very clan and well looked after,large grass pitches with hedges were kept neat.There is a childrens playground,and a separate area to walk your dog.Small shop selling basics, toilets were spotless.

gs1

Aug 21, 2006
Visit site
100% Southlands, Newchurch near Sandown. the best site we have stayed on, very plesant surroundings and not too far away from the beach very very clean.

May 29, 2007
Visit site
Lisa Have stayed on I.O.W. many times and have found it to be one of the most dog friendly places. They even have awards for the best Dog pub. It is just fab. My aunt owns a chalet in Sandown, but next time we go we are taking the caravan.

Diesel would love Culver Down you can walk for miles.

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lisa

Looks like others have suggested some nice sites but for what its worth the Orchards was very nice indeed. It's spacious and spotlessly clean (although dated but we were told the toilet blocks were being revamped next year). We only witnessed one episode of 'larking about' at the outside pool and this was dealt with swiftly. The static vans are separate from the touring pitches and have their own dog walk area and recreation ground.

I guess it depends what you are after but there were an elderly couple (I'm not saying you are elderly) next to us who said they always come to this site because they enjoy seeing others enjoying themselves and children playing rather than being on a 'quiet' site.

We will definitely go back there.

P.S if you or anyone else goes take plenty of blocks as the site slopes a little.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts