It Ain't Half Hot Mum

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Not the TV comedy series but in parts of the West Midlands this afternoon.
32Β° and very humid, and for the first time in almost a year our caravan emerged from the storage barn after I remembered how the motor mover that we had installed last year worked.
After being indoors for almost six months, removing the wheel clamps, fitting the leisure battery that's been on charge in my shed and hitching up was a bit challenging in the heat.
After a steady tow to our house the caravan is now on the drive ready for a wash and wax before we go to Weymouth on Saturday morning for a week.
I never thought I'd say this, but I'm hoping for cooler weather πŸ˜…

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Not the TV comedy series but in parts of the West Midlands this afternoon.
32Β° and very humid, and for the first time in almost a year our caravan emerged from the storage barn after I remembered how the motor mover that we had installed last year worked.
After being indoors for almost six months, removing the wheel clamps, fitting the leisure battery that's been on charge in my shed and hitching up was a bit challenging in the heat.
After a steady tow to our house the caravan is now on the drive ready for a wash and wax before we go to Weymouth on Saturday morning for a week.
I never thought I'd say this, but I'm hoping for cooler weather πŸ˜…
Parksy
May you get what you hope for as it’s been a long haul. Ours comes out again on Friday for a week near Malvern. Rain predicted each day. Unbelievable πŸ˜‚

Reactions: Parksy

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It has been very hot here for the past 4 days with daytime temps going up to 36.5.
At this moment it is 22.3 outside and 27.8 indoors, and that is with all windows open and fans going 24/7.

I have slept in the garden each night and looks like tonight as well.!!!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
It's very warm and humid here now with thunder rumbling after last night's electrical storm.
It's raining quite heavily which I'm quite pleased about because its washed some of the dust off the caravan.
The fan will be on in the bedroom tonight and it's got every chance of coming with us when we go.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It's very warm and humid here now with thunder rumbling after last night's electrical storm.
It's raining quite heavily which I'm quite pleased about because its washed some of the dust off the caravan.
The fan will be on in the bedroom tonight and it's got every chance of coming with us when we go.
Son et lumiere in Wiltshire too. Praying for rain as a lawn improver. Two lady dogs play havoc.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Parksy
May you get what you hope for as it’s been a long haul. Ours comes out again on Friday for a week near Malvern. Rain predicted each day. Unbelievable πŸ˜‚
We once pitched up on a small caravan site attached to The Marlbank, just outside Malvern Clive.
This was a few years ago and things might have changed, but the place sticks in my memory.
We went from the small site into the pub where I had one of the best steaks I've ever had before or since.
One of the beers on sale was Bathams Bitter, a lovely Black Country beer brewed not far from home.
There was a singer advertised for the evening entertainment so we decided to make a night of it, with me getting stuck into the Bathams because I hadn't got to worry about driving.
The singer never came on till about 10:30 PM, by which time I was making friends and feeling no pain.
The official entertainment finished at around midnight and then the real entertainment began.
The local regulars led by the landlady struck up with a sing song with old time popular songs being sung with great gusto.
I was made an honorary member of the 'Marlbank Choir' and we made it back to the caravan at about 3 am.
I slept for most of the next day, much to the disgust of Herself.
We tend not to choose pub campsites now, I can't think why πŸ€”
An ok pub in Upton on Severn is The Muggery, near to the church at the top of the town.
Have a great time in Malvern Clive, I did! 😁

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We once pitched up on a small caravan site attached to The Marlbank, just outside Malvern Clive.
This was a few years ago and things might have changed, but the place sticks in my memory.
We went from the small site into the pub where I had one of the best steaks I've ever had before or since.
One of the beers on sale was Bathams Bitter, a lovely Black Country beer brewed not far from home.
There was a singer advertised for the evening entertainment so we decided to make a night of it, with me getting stuck into the Bathams because I hadn't got to worry about driving.
The singer never came on till about 10:30 PM, by which time I was making friends and feeling no pain.
The official entertainment finished at around midnight and then the real entertainment began.
The local regulars led by the landlady struck up with a sing song with old time popular songs being sung with great gusto.
I was made an honorary member of the 'Marlbank Choir' and we made it back to the caravan at about 3 am.
I slept for most of the next day, much to the disgust of Herself.
We tend not to choose pub campsites now, I can't think why πŸ€”
An ok pub in Upton on Severn is The Muggery, near to the church at the top of the town.
Have a great time in Malvern Clive, I did! 😁
Parksy
Thanks I will keep the phone live to remember your touring tips. (Pubs and beer that is)
cheers
Clive

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We also had very hot days we brought two electric fans one for the lounge and the other in the bedroom we had some heavy rain yesterday it very cloudy today i prefer it a bit cooler i hope Parksy and otherclive have a nice break

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
It has been very hot here for the past 4 days with daytime temps going up to 36.5.
At this moment it is 22.3 outside and 27.8 indoors, and that is with all windows open and fans going 24/7.

I have slept in the garden each night and looks like tonight as well.!!!
Hi Damian i hope you enjoy sleeping in the garden ,. has it been alot cooler .

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
According to our thermometer which is normally quite accurate temperature was 41.9C? Inside it was 32V on both thermometers. Met office was showing outside temperature at 38C. Although I used to work in outside temperatures exceeding 35C in the shade, we did nto have the humidity. High humidity stops you from sweating and it is sweating that allows your body to cool down.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts