It is still out there!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My BIL’s care home is under lockdown because of Covid. My wife has felt rubbish since Monday with a hacking cough. When told about the care home outbreak she tested herself and the result came back positively positive!

Asked the local family for shopping, lawns, dog walking, chauffeur support. Result…… lots of sympathy 😂

IMG_3399.jpeg

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I guess the plus side is that my wife probably will not bother with the Spring 2024 Covid booster campaign starting 15 April. Her DIY approach will suffice 🙈

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Although the first batch of COVID immunisation Jabs gave my wife a painfull skin rash, or at least made it more prominent, she has seen three different dermatologists all stating different answers. She will go ahead with her next Jab , due to having COPD.

Myself I am not sure, as after the immunisations they brought on PMR Poly Myalgia Rhumatica. Very painfull, sorted out with oral Steroids, which may have caused fluid behind my retina, causing a detached retina, so two lots of eye surgery recently.
The doctors cannot confirm the jabs DID cause these things, but it is a learning curve for them as well, but thank goodness we have them.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Well at I am sure as hell going to have mine at the first opportunity!
From yesterday the various health bodies should have started to load details of venues and appointments into the systems. The system goes live on 15 April and the various cohorts will be contacted. By 30 June the aim is for the vaccination programme to be pretty well sorted for the various cohorts. Care homes, the vulnerable and over 75s are in the first tranches.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
From yesterday the various health bodies should have started to load details of venues and appointments into the systems. The system goes live on 15 April and the various cohorts will be contacted. By 30 June the aim is for the vaccination programme to be pretty well sorted for the various cohorts. Care homes, the vulnerable and over 75s are in the first tranches.

Mine is booked for the 27th. Notified last week.

What is worrying, I have just had two heart checks, a 48 hour ecg and an examination of intensive pressure tests. Both came back with different faults. Moderate heart failure was mentioned. But never mind. I see a consultant next February!

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Mine is booked for the 27th. Notified last week.

What is worrying, I have just had two heart checks, a 48 hour ecg and an examination of intensive pressure tests. Both came back with different faults. Moderate heart failure was mentioned. But never mind. I see a consultant next February!

John
Your GP is ahead of the game, which is good news

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Bit of a bad hair day Clive. I thought care homes didn’t have to lockdown anymore ?
well its not strictly lockdown but only one visitor, mask mandatory, only meet in residents room, limited hours. Residents cannot go out except for medical appointments so no bringing BIL to our house. My wife will not visit now until two days clear test results. I cannot deputise as still not driving for another 1.5 weeks.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Your GP is ahead of the game, which is good news
But not ‘ahead of the game’, by any means, in every respect I’m afraid.

Right now they are installing a new IT system to replace the e-consult system which has received countless complaints as it is just not fit for purpose.

During the change over, which is for an undetermined duration, (6 weeks muted by some), they are taking no routine appointments for doctors.

This gives me two questions.

What will the doctors do with this spare time? Perhaps they help install the software.

How will the deal with the backlog?

My friend is chair of the patients committee, and they do not know either.

John

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
But not ‘ahead of the game’, by any means, in every respect I’m afraid.

Right now they are installing a new IT system to replace the e-consult system which has received countless complaints as it is just not fit for purpose.

During the change over, which is for an undetermined duration, (6 weeks muted by some), they are taking no routine appointments for doctors.

This gives me two questions.

What will the doctors do with this spare time? Perhaps they help install the software.

How will the deal with the backlog?

My friend is chair of the patients committee, and they do not know either.

John
There are never any routine appointments at our group practice - if it's urgent they'll give you one that day, except they're fully booked within 5 minutes of opening the phone line so phone again tomorrow - and even then the appointment won't be be a GP, it'll be just a Physician Associate (PA) straight from university.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Ours have moved to an internal request system. It opens around 0755 and you fill in a form for submission at 0800. The submission then goes via a Triage group including a GP, they decide who deals with your case and when, and how. In person, video, phone or text. There are only a finite number of submissions issued. Failing that, or not having the internet some appointments are reserved for telephone requests that also open at 0800.

I used the triage system a couple of days back as one repeat medication could not be ordered on line without a clinician review and they wanted to see me. I pointed out that two other meds had been reviewed without seeing me why not this one. Also I’m hoping to drop it in a few weeks time along with one of the others. The GP came back by 1000 on text and informed me that I could once again order a repeat supply for up to 12 months. So the system worked well in my particular case.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

The NHS system is now up and running for covid vaccinations for the first cohort. Received my invitation this morning. Mrs OC still testing positive, but so far I seem to have escaped it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts