Italy Breakdown NO NO NO THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This morning a man from Autowindshields arrived at my home to fit a new windscreen to the car, the windscreen broken whilst being repatriated by CC Red Pennant's carriers.

When he had nearly finished fitting the windscreen he cracked it - worse than the original windscreen crack - right in front of the driver.

Man said he cannot remove it and replace windscreen until Friday when "glue" has dried.

RP and Autow now discussing who is paying for hire car until Friday.

U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E

Tim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Latest development Autow refuse to pay for the hire car as they say the car is "drivable". I think Merseyside Constab might disagree. The damage to the "new" windscreen is worse than to the previous one - a huge crack across the front of the screen at eye-level above the steering wheel.

Fortunately we have 3 days left of the 10 days of the Red Pennant hire car when you get home bit and RP have agreed we can use that up. We purposely kept this back returning the hire car when we could manage without it.

I keep thinking things must be at there worst. Good job I don't believe in luck.

At least the car is home and not an expensive repair bill.

Can't help but wonder if the car would have been drivable after a rest - as that is all that it has received from the Lookers and Italian garage. Oh and a nice ride across Europe and around the roads of England on assorted car transporters.

Best wishes.

Tim

Jun 12, 2006
Visit site
I think if it was me i'd have to laugh about it by now otherwise i'd go insane, you could get a letter from the police to say it's undriveable and send that to autow, that would change their minds.

If it's any consolation Evans Halshaw lost my wifes car when it went in for a service a couple of months ago, it magically dissappeared for 4 hours.

TRENDING THREADS