It's a small world

Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
Two years ago I posted a moan about a family who were a bit invasive of our space and didn't make an effort to speak to us.

Basically spoilt our weekend with noisy unruly kids and the usual.

A year later I was unlucky enough to get pitched next to them again ( they had a seasonal pitch at this site ) this time I had a different car and caravan , but the same applied, didn't speak or say hello we just felt really uncomfortable.

So here we are a year later and on a course at work ( better not say who for in case he reads PC forum) and who walks in the door.............yes youv'e guessed......Mr annoying little man!!!

I wasn't sure at first and never really took in what the course leader was saying, all I could do was stare in absolute amazement.

This guy had joined my profession 6 month ago, and after asking another work mate if Mr annoying little man had a caravan it was confirmed!!

Luckily he works in a different location to me but I will at some point have to work along side him and i'm not sure if he recognises me as iv'e had my hair cut real short.

Doesn't life have this habit of throwing these unexpected suprises at us....imagine if It had got a bit heated when we first met.

Still in disbelief

John

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
sure is sconny

a few years ago the wife and I decided to go up to north west scotland because we had never been that far up before 521miles away when most of the roads north of glasgow were single track got to ardmire point in ullapool and got pitch up for a good rest and peace and quiet

during the night a van pulled up and got pitched next to us family 4 kids and two dogs it was only when I heard their voices the next day did I take a good look and it was the family from 4 doors away strewth I was gutted 500+ miles and it wasn't far enough so we left the site the next day and went south

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
both myself and my father before he retired work on the railways and no matter where we go in the world we allways and i do mean allways meet somebody we know from the job, its uncanny and happens wherever we are to the annoyance of the ladies with us.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
I get this a lot as I used to work in Pubs for over ten yaers.

it was over ten yaers sean I work in a pub now and still the had time I get poeple who say they now me from were I were work.

Mark

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
In the 60s we went to Istanbul with our first caravan and met on the same campsite a lady camper who had been appointed to my post in UK when I left 3 years previously

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
Hi Sconny, 100 years ago a work friend said after i enquuired where he was going on holiday he replied "to the lakes",He could have said to the moon for all i knew about "the lakes". Anyway getting home that night i said to the wife Alf's going to the lakes so she said why can't we.300 hundred miles or so and we were at the "lakes"Who should we see coming from the opposite direction down Honister pass ? Alf.I hope i do'nt sound boreing but 105 years ago i was at a refueling depot in the desert and a voice called out "Bob" i looked over to another tanker and there was an old school friend who i had not seen for about 5 years.Small world is'nt it .

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A couple of years ago we went to a climbing centre (like Go Ape in the UK) just south of Les Sables d'Olonne in the Vendee, and bumped into my mate who I grew up with. I hadn't seen him for a few years because he'd moved away from the area with his family, so it was a nice surprise.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts