Its been damaged again

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi is it just me or do idiotic people like damaging my van whils its stored in a gold casco storage compound.

The compound does not have set parking so the vans are always well spaced.
Went there a month ago and somebody whilst backing their van in had colided with mine and bent / damaged my awning rail, its going to cost over £300 to repair.

Went up yesterday and found two new dents on the off side of my van both at different hights but very noticable.

Both occasions nobody saw anything or owned up. leaving me to face the costs.

I know accidents can happen but what ever happened to being carefull whilst around other peoples possesions and having respect.

I might be old school but if I had caused the damage I would be the first to put my hand up, appologise and try and rectify matters.

Just wanted to vent my feelings
A very annoyed caravanner.

Cheers
John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi John, I know it not nice to see your pride and joy been hit/dent ect, but other that I know that keep their van in a compound same thing happen,
Think alot of it is may be reverseing or when they open the caravan door but they will never own up to it, even if they did see it happen, people are not honest like they use to be,
Lucky we keep our in the back of our garden, hope you get your problem sorted out.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to hear this John.After these events insist the storage owners provide you with secure storage, after all how do you know they aren't responsible? If they won't cooperate then get away,I could not live with the worry and stress of knowing one of my prized possessions if not in my care was exposed to such uncareing damage.We're lucky to be able to keep ours at home but this doesn't mean I don't sympathise.Regards Cliff

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I am afraid that no storage facility will guarantee an accident free enviroment. Secure Storage means that all reason able measures have been taken to secure the compound against intruders, not against damage that could be caused by another customer just as easily as a member of their staff.
As for "getting away", Storage space is not always that easy to find, indeed in my area it is easier to find Hens Teeth.

Steve W

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
Dents& dings by unknown causes seem to be a fact of caravan life.My van lives on my enclosed drive way,well away from from the pathe of any callers to my house. but small dents ect seem to appear quite regularly,even a 1" hole on one accasion.leaves me quite dispondant at times .

Just noticed,new website NO Smileys

TD

Oct 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi John
I went to get my new Coachman Pastiche from storage a week ago & there was a deep dent just above awning skirt rail, the grass near the van had recently been cut & I think a stone had shot out from the cutters but the owners said they are not reponsable, so like you I will have to foot the bill?

ALH

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
mick k said:
Hi John
I went to get my new Coachman Pastiche from storage a week ago & there was a deep dent just above awning skirt rail, the grass near the van had recently been cut & I think a stone had shot out from the cutters but the owners said they are not reponsable, so like you I will have to foot the bill?

I picked up a dent on the door caused by a grass cutter on a CC site!

Al

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
have had £800 of damage done to mine. the owner iof the van in the next space denied all knowledge untill we told him we were reviewing the cctv footage.... he very quickly offered up his insurance details.

Check the storage sites conditions. My storage denied they had any liability then i pointed out that the only terms refered to my van being adequately insured against theft, and nowhere in the contract did it state that they accept no liability for damage.
Signs have now gone up around the storage, but if i dont get my excess back i will sue the storage facillity.

Feb 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi John

The storage site where I keep my 'van does not allow 'vans to be parked or moved from a space without the storage site owner or his representative being present - so that there is never any argument about damage - and they help you push or pull.

I would have a word with your site owners and see if they will consider improving their system. If they will not, I would look for alternative storage (I know it's not that easy to find) and I would tell them why I was leaving.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts