"its flippin heavy"

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi,well our new awning arrived today and I would have put big money on the reaction from HIMSELF.He went out to take delivery and came in with THAT look on his face.We had spent weeks wavering from porch to full.I wanted a porch awning but HIMSELF was concerned it would not be big enough and we would still end up buying a full one.He is now deliberating on how to disperse the weight by dividing the components into more manageable packs.

DECISIONS!DECISIONS!DECISIONS!Lord help us when we actually have to put it up!

Thursdays Child

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for all the support. I will of course be putting the awning up single handed whilst HIMSELF is nicely settled in front of the tv with the tea and scones I have freshly made for him.OH NO that's Mrs Highlander not me as I haven't had the training have I?POOR ME!!!The reason we settled for a full awning was there had to be room enough for a table and chairs,2 loungers, coffee table and room to play ball with Ruby the pomeranian.Also I can put the rotary dryer in there if it rains.I do like HIMSELF to have lots of space to chillout in!!!We do have a lightweight porch awning for short time use but it is no use for long stays.

Thursdays Child

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
wrong ma wee lass, peter has quite generously offered his services for erecting awnings in a previous thread. and anyway, ma wee lass walks to the local liqueor store to carry my boxes of tennants while i have a wee piece on jam to relax after the effort of towing.

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Ian,I do believe I have heard a similar thing from a fellow from north o" the border!He turned out to be a little sweetie and dotes on his wee lassie. So you don't fool me hard man.

This is what will really happen.I will make tea and sandwiches.open the door and hit HIMSELF with it.I will then open the window to say "TEA LOVE".HIMSELF will then crack hie head on the open window!!After a while he will give in and accept my offer to help.We will struggle bravely to get the awning up and HIMSELF will then spend hours pegging it down in case of a hurricane.The dogs will watch with interest and some trepidation until they are allowed out to confirm the security of their play room!!!

After dark HIMSELF will sit down with a self satisfied expression and say" well that's that then,didn't take too long"

Thursdays Child

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Highlander I cant possibly tell you that cos his wee lassie will do you a mischief.I have read all about her and she is far superior to any fella. Her hubby told us he is completely reliant on her. Does this ring a bell?

TC

May 21, 2007
Visit site
TC. May I make a suggestion. As putting up a full awning is a little bit more stessfull I suggest you take a leaf out of my wife's book, Forget the girlie tea and hand him a can of blue tennents, prior to erection. Works every time for me. This has now extended to porch awnings.

But lo and behold if we don't erect an awning the obligitary can of tennents is now forthcoming on arrival. Mind you it used to be wine but I have progressed up the ladder to tennants. A superior brew.

So don't worry about tea, think Tennents

May 2, 2005
Visit site
The best bit of advice I can give is if you arrive on a site late on......say after 4p ......unless the weather is very good or you "really" need the space urgently....leave till the next day.

A long drive followed by setting up the water, waste etc etc......I call them the essentials......is hard enough without the possible problems with an awning......

As sheila says....."divorce in a bag club".....not to metion a rubbish start to a break away......sour faces all round.

David

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
we bought our full awning 2 years ago one day I MIGHT put it up

but I'll have to be quick its now on ebay.It's cost me a bundle in fuel though as I always take it with us in the boot of the car

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Ian,I do believe I have heard a similar thing from a fellow from north o" the border!He turned out to be a little sweetie and dotes on his wee lassie. So you don't fool me hard man.

This is what will really happen.I will make tea and sandwiches.open the door and hit HIMSELF with it.I will then open the window to say "TEA LOVE".HIMSELF will then crack hie head on the open window!!After a while he will give in and accept my offer to help.We will struggle bravely to get the awning up and HIMSELF will then spend hours pegging it down in case of a hurricane.The dogs will watch with interest and some trepidation until they are allowed out to confirm the security of their play room!!!

After dark HIMSELF will sit down with a self satisfied expression and say" well that's that then,didn't take too long"

Thursdays Child
Sadly it is true and wish I was a hard man. :)

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We bought an Isabella awning second hand and want a green awning pole bag but they are in short supply at the moment. The poles came in the original box believe it or not!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts