I've got Damp!

Jul 17, 2005
Visit site
Okay guys and girls, need your advice, just got the van back from service only 10 months since the last one and they say I have got damp at 47% by the door/side panel only in a smallish area and damp at 37% in the front side panel. Last year no sign of damp at all (still under waranty then)

The van is a 1998 Compass Rallye 490/4L, they have quoted 12 hours work at £36 per hour. How quick should I have it done, is this the start of more big trouble so should get rid now.

Just had the fidge fixed as well at £100. Only been vanning for 18 months, love it, give me your thoughts

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike I presume with the percentage damp things will only get worse, so on that basis I would get the work done maybe one part at a time as it would be expensive. Try and get a comparison quote for you to judge one against the other.As for selling it unless you buy from a dealer you will only get at the maximum 12 months so you could be back to the same sort of problem. If you like the caravan I would stick with it. Not a very good start for you but it,s a great way to holiday and most of the time very cheap. Good luck.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
When fixed are you going to have same prob elsewhere in a short while.

If finances worked why not do a trade with a dealer, it will not cost them

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi mike the exactly the same happened with us,we took our van back to the dealers during warranty as we thought we might have damp but they assured us it was fine no problems. the following year, last september we took it to a local approved service company rather than take it on a round trip over 150 miles to where we bought it only to be told we had damp upto 30% in one plus others small area cost us

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Mike

There is a lesson to be learnt from your problem and that is to make sure you get an inderpendant damp check carried out on your van before your warranty runs out. my van is due to have its 3rd service in March so I will be visiting my tame carvan service works on the way to have a check carried out pre supplier service.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts