Jeep Cherokee 3.7 / Coachman Pastiche 470/2

Oct 12, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone please tell me the noseweight of this vehicle? I know it will tow my 1450kgs Coachman ok weightwise, but can't find the noseweight limit anywhere and as the caravan's noseweight is 100kgs I'm a bit concerned. We've got a 3ltr Vauxhall Omega estate at the moment which is heavy enough and tows ok but only has a noseweight of 75kgs and try as we might, it's a nightmare trying to get the caravan noseweight down to this as the kitchen is L shaped making it difficult to put things behind the axle without putting them right to the back in the bathroom, which we know isn't the way.

Has anyone been able to overcome this problem?

Thanks for any advice.

Carol

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
we have never had any problems with the nose weight on any of our coachmans, pastiche 520 , vip 520, and laser 590, we have allways been able to keep the noseweight at round about 80 kgs just by not putting too much in the front locker and carrying very heavy items in the car, awning etc. you should never try to compensate for a heavy noseweight by putting items behind the axle as this will make the van very unstable, far better to remove stuff from the front locker and place it over the axle. as far the jeep is concerned it will pull your van with ease and is well within its limits, not sure of its noseweight as this changes with different spec cars but most 4x4 vehicles have between 100 and 150 kg noseweights allthough your van of course has a 100 kg maximum allowance.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we have never had any problems with the nose weight on any of our coachmans, pastiche 520 , vip 520, and laser 590, we have allways been able to keep the noseweight at round about 80 kgs just by not putting too much in the front locker and carrying very heavy items in the car, awning etc. you should never try to compensate for a heavy noseweight by putting items behind the axle as this will make the van very unstable, far better to remove stuff from the front locker and place it over the axle. as far the jeep is concerned it will pull your van with ease and is well within its limits, not sure of its noseweight as this changes with different spec cars but most 4x4 vehicles have between 100 and 150 kg noseweights allthough your van of course has a 100 kg maximum allowance.
carol, we tow with a 2.8 cherokee renegade ( crusader aurora 1600kg) the boss is out in it but i am sure it says on the towbar vintag the max noseweight is 140kg i run @ 100-110kg and it is very stable any less and it feels twitchy, jim p.s.just checked owner manual 2.4 petrol=100kg noseweight ,2.8 diesel and 3.7 petrol same at 140 kg noseweight ,hope this info helps

Oct 12, 2005
Visit site
carol, we tow with a 2.8 cherokee renegade ( crusader aurora 1600kg) the boss is out in it but i am sure it says on the towbar vintag the max noseweight is 140kg i run @ 100-110kg and it is very stable any less and it feels twitchy, jim p.s.just checked owner manual 2.4 petrol=100kg noseweight ,2.8 diesel and 3.7 petrol same at 140 kg noseweight ,hope this info helps
Thanks for that information-most helpful. We've been looking at a 4 litre Grand Cherokee 1999 which will do the job ok-if only we can afford the running and servicing costs! Trust you are happy with Jeeps?

Carol

Oct 12, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for that advice.I assume you are happy with Coachman caravans if you've had 3? This is our first, we've always had Avondales.Quality is very good but it is rather heavy,especially on the noseweight. What do you tow with? We feel the 4 x 4 route is the only way open to us.

Carol.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts