Jeep Cherokee 3.7 V6 Limited Auto SW

Dec 27, 2006
Visit site
Hi

We tow a Lunar DELTA 640 with a grand cherokee and have no problems so I am sure you will find the Cherokee more than suitable.

I personally would go for the diesel Cherokke , you will find the that the torque developed at low revs by the diesel makes for effortless towing, also the diesel will be better for fuel consumption.

Sep 15, 2007
Visit site
Hi, I have been looking at a Jeep Cherokee 2.8 and say that will be an excellent towcar, I have a Ford Maverick at the moment. I am not so sure about hitching up the van to the car itself. I would have to fit a detachable towbar because of the rear mounted spare wheel. I have a Winterhoff hitch so I am not sure if the spare wheel will foul the "hooking up" procedure. Any thoughts?

May 19, 2006
Visit site
we towed with our 3.7 petrol cherokee for the first time this year,its a great car but having towed with a 1.9 diesel for the last 2 yrs i can see why people like the diesels better for towing.on the flat roads and pulling away from the lights etc, i found no differences really but when you hit the hilly bits the diesels are far better in my opinion.the 3.7 is a good car though,and bits like the auto box and the cruise control really made our 380mile trip more pleasurable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts