Jo-Anne ( Wyoming )

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The search facility on this forum is as useless as a chocolate teapot.

I see no sense at all telling Jo-Anne to use it.

When you have young children and money is tight it is so important to be certain that your choice of site will give you a happy enjoyable holiday.

Whilst we can look at UK Campsites it is surely reasonable to ask on this forum under "UK Sites" for forum members views?

Jo-Anne, Keep on asking and let us all know when the Jo-Anne Site Guide is to be published! LOL!!

Cheers

Dustydog

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Isn't that the point of this forum to exchange information ? No one is obliged to answer so I don't see a problem asking. The CC , and presumably the C&CC ( I'm not a member so haven't looked) have excellent websites that give information but it doesn't relate to personal experience on how good that local pub really is or if there is traffic noise etc etc.

The answers are not just applicable to the poster but are of interest to a much wider audience too.

Must admit, I have been delighted with the responses to my request for information on the Scottish Islands and it appears it's of interest to quite a few folk out there.

Oh, and the nice thing about Jo-Anne is she hasn't failed to acknowledge those who have replied with a note of thanks either.

So many do not which does make you wonder why you bothered. Keep going Jo-Anne, only too pleased to help. Dave

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Alan and Dave, thanks for your support and i agree i thought this was a forum where you could ask about things and get advise. Alan you hit the nail on the head i have kids with needs, money is tight and i have to get the sites right everytime.

some people on here just like to dig at me and as for the search on here its not the best. i like to here the review and advise from SOME of the NICE people on here. if people moan about me asking things then dont read my posts and mind your own buisness cos i aint got money to burn on holidays that are rubbish.

rant over lol

thanks guys xx

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jo-anne, I don't know what your question was, but I hope it was answered for you. The only way any of us found info was to either m ake fools of ourselves by trying, or to ask. Don't ever be ashamed of asking questions girl. We're none of us ever to smart to learn.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
thanks you guys. emmerson do you know all it was, was i posted about 5 sites in cornwall i wanted reviews on thats all. I just get sarky answers off some folks on here and they were sarky.

oh well if there having a dog at me who cares at least they wont be going on on some one else lol.

thanks again

jo xx

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Jo-anne,don,t be put off by a few sarky comments,when moneys tight you want to know you,re picking a good site and there,s nothing better than personal views.so keep on asking and as for using the search facility :eek:( ...

Gary

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
thanks you guys. emmerson do you know all it was, was i posted about 5 sites in cornwall i wanted reviews on thats all. I just get sarky answers off some folks on here and they were sarky.

oh well if there having a dog at me who cares at least they wont be going on on some one else lol.

thanks again

jo xx
i meant dig not dog lol

sorry to here you are upset about some comments on here,they do not know who you are personally so just ignore,stay away by clicking on back to topics button.i know it can be upsetting,but people may not realize that others get upset by what we each write.

i have noticed complaints on spelling,some people can be quite uppity as they know the correct way, but don't forget sometimes it might be an odd suggestion that does the trick.

as long as we all have manners then this would be an even better site,and the world would be better too.

Aug 1, 2007
Visit site
Jo-Anne

You always seem to be asking about sites

But we never know if you go to any you enquire about or not as we get no feed back from you Is it research for the "BOOK"

Also if there is a cancellation anywhere you seem to know about it

I know you have children with special needs and money is tight so why go so far when there are possible places on your door step to suit your needs and cost

Just curious

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello all, understand you frustration with the search facilities of the site and hope the new revised site will be better in at least this respect.

I look at a whole number of websites and while this one isfar from perfect, neither are any of the others.

We should also appreciate that there is a wide spread of computer familiarity among our contributors and that some people - including me - may click the 'submit' box when - ideally - we shoud perhaps have re-read and edited what we have written. But - hey - that's what conversation is all about, and we try to help folk the best way we can. Sometimes (mostly) it works and sometimes it does not - but at least we've tried.

Peronally, I have no trouble with multiple requests - if at first you don't get what you want - keep drilling down. This tolerance is probably due to my experiences with estate agents, but that's another discussion.

(PS I do hope the revised site has an on-line spell checker)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts