Jockey Wheel Clamp for Aerial Mast

Sep 10, 2007
Visit site
Can anyone tell me where I can get a pair of clamps to fix my VisionPlus Aerial Mast to the Jockey Wheel tube. I have the a-frame clamp which came with the mast but this only clamps to one position on the mast and this doesn't hold it steady in windy conditions - the mast pivots slightly on the clamp.

I'm thinking of attaching a satellite dish to the mast and therefore can't afford to have any movement whatsoever.

Jul 25, 2005
Visit site
Brian,

One easy way to stop your mast swaying in the wind. If you have any of the screw type pegs, or even long hammer in type. Drive one into the ground under the pole , leaving about 3 inches exposed and this will hold the pole in position at the base.

I have used this methode for some time now without problems in high winds,

Cheers,

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
Even clamped to the jockey wheel the mast will move when the van moves in the wind.

I have to admit to a soft spot for a very cheap solution that always works and can be moved around for best position for signal

- a piece of sawn/broken off windbreak pole hammered into the ground.

I have tried the suck on clamps and seen the fun with tripods and really believe this is the best solution, it consistently stayed locked on to the satellite while awnings were being blown away around us in the spring break in Cornwall.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts