jockey wheel clamp

Oct 3, 2005
Visit site
hi I have managed to bend the inside edges of the jockey wheel clamp which resulted in a bend jockey wheel that wouldn't wind up fully, I replaced the wheel but it now sits at a angle, so I thought I'd replace the clamp, however it is welded to the frame! Does anyone know if I should try to bend it back or maybe remove to old clamp and get a new one welded on?

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Karl

I would give it a go at bend it back but you will nether get it back to the right shape and there cud be a fault in it.

If I was you I would see if I cud bolt a new jockey wheel clamp on as they have hole in them all ready and it would not be a big job to grinned the old one off and fix the other one on with hiytensil bolts.

If you can take the old one off just run the grind down the semi of weld till it go then it with a hammer to see if it will come off but if it dues not have a look round it to see if you missed a bit them mark up for the new holes and use a punch to mark the sinters of each howl then drill it then I would give it a coat of hammer right paint just before I put the new jockey wheel clamp on just to stop rust.

I would check out if it was ok to do it be fore I started so check fast

If you can then have a go but if you do not thick you would like to hoave a go get a deal to do it for you.

Good look mark

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts