Jocky wheel

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, Just like to know, is there any advantage of having a pneumatic tire as opposed to a solid one. Also I have a solid one at the moment, is it ok to swap. The jockey is on the outside of the A frame. Thanks in advance, Ray.

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
Hi if you have a narrow !.5 inch jockey wheel then a Pneumatic wheel would be worth fitting as it makes manoeuvring much easier with a fixed mover. How ever you will need a complete new jockey assembly ,but do not buy a plastic wheel & tyre as they have a habit of the tyre coming off the hub ,& losing air pressure. My old Bailey had a wideish solid wheel about 2.5 to 3 inches & I moved back to that due to the plastic tyre & hub Pneumatic tyre problems I had fitted.

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the replies. I was thinking about the whole thing, as their not that expensive. In the handbook it says that when towing the wheel should face forward, but I suppose it wouldent make that much difference, regards Ray.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
extrucker said:
In the handbook it says that when towing the wheel should face forward, but I suppose it wouldent make that much difference, regards Ray.

It does make a difference on speed bumps. Forward is closer to the hitch and therefore higher. ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts