John Fowler Holidays - Widemouth Bay

May 8, 2005
Visit site
Hi all,

I am planning a 2 week holiday, in devon/cornwall, I have booked the second week at a CC site but the kids want to go to an action packed site for the 1st week. I am having trouble finding spaces due to leaving it late.

Has anyone stayed at widemouth bay on the john fowler hols site. Any feedback would be great

May 29, 2005
Visit site
YES Ive stayed at John Fowler Widemouth and enjoyed. Its not as commercial and razzamatazzy as some sites Ive been to "for the children". My children enjoyed. Small indoor pool, excellent shower blocks. Some pitches (steep) have superb sea views other rural views. Close to Widemouth Beach. Club house and shop on site.

What about Budemeadows just around the corner on the A39? Close to the beach but offers an outdoor pool, excellent toilet blocks. Also my children enjoyed the large chess set and other games.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Stayed there 2 years ago.Site was well run.Pool is quite small and club room was good,but to smokey for us.However it is in a lovely area Bude beach is better than the one next to the site which is mostly used by surfers.There is in fact a CL almost next door to the site which looked lovely,bet you have to book 2 years in advance to get in there!It is a nice site and we had a lovely holiday there,the prices always seem reasonable to!Have a lovely holiday.Catherine

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts