July-Aug for 3 yr old

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
More advice req please.

We, would like to take our 3 yr old Grandson, will be in Aug, away with us for 5 nights at the end of July-Aug. We would like a site within a 1.5 hour drive solo, just in case, from Wigan, that has loads of things to do and will have other kids for him to mix with. I need to book now just in case we can't get in any later. Oh, they must also take Dogs, can't leave her, can we!!!! He is lively but still needs a nap in the afternoon.

Yours, doteing Nan and Grandad, we must be MAD

Bri

Mar 30, 2006
Visit site
Though a little further than 1.5hrs from Wigan. We can thoroughly recommend a site called Dolbryn which is in the town of Newcastle Emlyn, Nr Cardigan.

Family run by an extremely friendly Bev and dave. They will make you feel at home. There are Goats, Chix and dogs. Safe play area, secluded with good facilities. 20 mins from a good beach. Best of all they charge the same amount per pitch thoughout the season, currently

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Bri

What about Southport,loads to do in the summer and all within walking distance from the CC site that is located on the prom!

Then there is the huge park for walking your dog ,there is something for everyone(apart from cheap parking spaces)!!

Tina x

Mar 30, 2006
Visit site
Hi Again,

yes CC site is ideally located for the main part of Southport so you would not have to worry about parking fees, but will pay premium rates. Standards of facilities offsets the additional costs.

There are several sites around the outskirts of Southport, these being:-

Riverside..based at Banks. A huge site complete with chip shop, nite club and easy access to public transport should you wish.

Willowbank... Just up the road from Riverside, a little nearer to Southport.

Leisure lakes.. Heard mixed reports about this one.

Abbey Farm, Ormskirk...heard nothing but good reports regarding this site, but not sure what is available for 3yr olds. May mean day trips out.

Royal Umpire.. Outskirts of Preston so handy for Southport, Blackpool and/or Morecombe. Again mixed reports .

The first two we have stopped there many years ago and we believe there has been some upgrading going on over the years. The majority of sites will be charging premium rates at that time of the year. If members of one of the big clubs (if not, join) there are plenty of CLs/CSs to choose from and usually cheaper. Some with facilities and activities for kids (working farms)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions, I know the location of the Southport

sites and the CC one is very handy. Trouble is, two hours in Southport for me is more than enough, four or five days, ARGGGGGG. No offence to people who like it!!!! Little tike wanted to play in the lake last time we where there.

I will consult the BOSS, she can make the decision!!!!!

Brian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts