Just bought first new caravan

Sep 25, 2005
Visit site
After all the ummming and ahhhing we finally made our choice and have just bought a new (our very first ever new after 30 years!!) caravan! We decided on the fixed bed Lunar Lexon EB as we are away most weekends and long hols in the summer - we should take delivery in about 2 weeks. Can't wait!!

Sadly that means our beloved Lunar venus has to go and is up for sale... there will be some tears as we love her to bits! We had her fully refurbished not long ago so she'll be a good buy for someone!!

Hubby now wants to know why I need all new accessories too! Men!! They have no idea!!!

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
I know how hubby feels

12 months after we started caravaning we got our new Ace twin axle. The same day the wife dragged me and a cushion from the van around all the shops for new EVERYTHING.

In fact, the only original items we have are the aquaroll and weastemaster. I honestly think if they did colour coded ones then these would have gone as well.

Still, my friends and family got a lot of 1 yr old caravan gear for free.

Here's a question for the women. WHY DOES THE TABLE AND CHAIRS HAVE TO MATCH SOMETHING ELSE. WHY DOES THE AWNING HAVE TO MATCH THE VAN OR INTERIOR

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I know how hubby feels

12 months after we started caravaning we got our new Ace twin axle. The same day the wife dragged me and a cushion from the van around all the shops for new EVERYTHING.

In fact, the only original items we have are the aquaroll and weastemaster. I honestly think if they did colour coded ones then these would have gone as well.

Still, my friends and family got a lot of 1 yr old caravan gear for free.

Here's a question for the women. WHY DOES THE TABLE AND CHAIRS HAVE TO MATCH SOMETHING ELSE. WHY DOES THE AWNING HAVE TO MATCH THE VAN OR INTERIOR
Ah, the blissfull ignorance of different colour perception! In my world everything matches with everything. Well, almost...

Sep 25, 2005
Visit site
Because it does! Thats why!!!!

It would look odd if the awning, chairs etc were a differnt colour! It would be 'messy' !!!!!

I don't really know!! Its a 'woman' thing!!!!

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I'm glad my wife is not the average woman then!

If she

could save 2p she would have dayglo Green Awning with purple Hippo's on it and and Purple and Gold polka dot table and chairs on pink base colour.

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Ah so there is at least one happy Lunar owner out there. Julie see my post in this topic 23rd feb re bailey swift and Lunar. No one answered so I assumed there wasn't any. Bye Denise

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
I did !! very happy with my Lunar,in response to the above, My hubby got a 2004 isabella awning at a fantastic price,big 1025cm as well so not cheap when new , my first comment....... "its burgundy and the vans green" !!! needless to say he wasnt't my friend for the rest of the day ,it's got to match, LB ARE YOU LISTENING ??

Tina x

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
I did !! very happy with my Lunar,in response to the above, My hubby got a 2004 isabella awning at a fantastic price,big 1025cm as well so not cheap when new , my first comment....... "its burgundy and the vans green" !!! needless to say he wasnt't my friend for the rest of the day ,it's got to match, LB ARE YOU LISTENING ??

Tina x
Thanks I feel a bit better now. Denise

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can one of you ladies please explain to a mere man, why do the matresses on our twin beds have to match? They're never seen except when changing the covers! Not the sheets, the mattress covers! Ican understand things which are on show having to match. But mattresses? This is in the house, not the caravan. Who the hell sees the mattress in the house? There, I need to lie down now.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
But ultimatly the woman fails in her attempts to teach the man colour coordination. She gathers up her tchotchkes, her carfully colour coded mats and towels and places then in her, so carefully kept and matched caravan.

Then the husband hooks the whole lot up to a deep burgandy and rust coloured musso designed in the 80's by blind monkeys...

Payback is ohh soo sweet!

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
They reckon Women can "Multi Task" yet it seems many can't cope with a little colour or style difference.

Is it any wonder there are so many divorces, they are swift to moan about money but many buy according to colour choice and fashion trends.

Thank god my wifes not "normal" according to the co-ordination geeks ;-0

Friends spent a mint on laminate and wood floors that I hate, some recent TV progs and magazine articles say that carpets our back into fashion.

Mates wife wants the house repainted with a new "feature wall"

colours and new carpets ;-(

He's given her the choice, Scarborough B & B and the old 10 yo Astra or a new 307 Peugeot and a Spanish Villa Hol :)

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi cris

I dont moan about money! I earn my own,and if its something expensive I want I do overtime!!! As for being a geek wanting something to match, no not a geek,just want things to look nice and not a dont care,thrown together load of old mish mash !!!

Tina x

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi cris

I dont moan about money! I earn my own,and if its something expensive I want I do overtime!!! As for being a geek wanting something to match, no not a geek,just want things to look nice and not a dont care,thrown together load of old mish mash !!!

Tina x
Here Here Tina!!!

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Tina, as before. My darling wife earns a lot more than me.

Note the ;-) wink! next to Geek :) Just in fun!!!!

We have a nice home and van but we don't go to "extremes" shall we say.

I've said Bye Bye else where here, have a good year.

cris XXXXXXXXXXXXXX ;-)

Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
Hi cris

Tina x
Here Here from me too Tina and Wendy. Most men just don't have a clue ;-)

Having said that, when we bought our first van, after humming and ahhing about the colour of the awning, I chose a burgundy one because the interior of the van was cream and burgundy, but the sales guy suggested a green one 'cos the colour of the decals on the outside of the van were green. So, some of the male species know the value of co-ordinating !;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts