Just had servicing. ooh er!

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
Just had van in for first service (for us anyway!). Routine checks all came up ok. Bit concerned as told of delamination to area in front of shower room. All I know is that floor creaks when I go to loo! Also given "water ingress report" with diagrams of caravan and damp readings in areas of van. Scale 6-15=ok,17-19=borderline, scale 20-60=water ingress. Areas of our van show readings of 15 generally but 20 and 22 to roof vents. Bit off-putting as dont fully understand them. Anything I can do to DIY remedy? Should I be worried? Van is 1995 sterling Europa 500l. Ta. On move to Wales tomorrow!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
deejay, I suspect that its all to be expected in a 10 year old van which has just sat through the winter. There are plenty of floors that creak a bit but you will know if its delaminated as it will be very spongy.

As for the damp readings around the sky lights I would suggest you have another check in the summer when a bit of heat has got on it.

Keep your eye on things but don't worry too much.

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
deejay, I suspect that its all to be expected in a 10 year old van which has just sat through the winter. There are plenty of floors that creak a bit but you will know if its delaminated as it will be very spongy.

As for the damp readings around the sky lights I would suggest you have another check in the summer when a bit of heat has got on it.

Keep your eye on things but don't worry too much.
cheers, suspected as much but her in doors is panicking bout the damp patches!! wanted a 2nd opinion as still new to this game. thanx

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Moisture is measured on a scale from 0-100. All porous materials, such as wood, hold a certain amount of moisture naturally.

20 has been arbitrarily agreed as a cut-off point - it doesn't mean that 19 is perfect and 21 is terminal!

Treat these readings as advisory - keep the report and compare the readings at next year's service. If there's a major change in any specific area then that's the time to take action.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts