Just my luck.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
It really is..................just my luck.

We had arranged to have our two year old grandson today,a long standing arrangement, and we were due to go off to the New Forest on Monday. Suffice to say that having junior severely set us back in both loading and getting the shopping done. This afternoon, he was beginning to get a bit grizzly and wifey said she would walk him in the pram till he slept.

Well, she had only been gone five minutes when she rang me on the mobile. "You wont believe this" says she. "There is a sign on the lamp post saying the road is to be closed for road works on Monday morning". As we live in a cul-de-sac, we only have the one egress route. Already hours behind in getting ready we have had to go like the clappers to get everything done to leave tomorrow. Now I can almost guarrantee we will have forgotten something.

Typical of this area, no other warning, no notes through the doors. Just a tiny square pinned to the lamp telling motorists they wont be able to get out. And the only people that will see the blooming thing are pedestrians.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Thingy said:
It really is..................just my luck.

We had arranged to have our two year old grandson today,a long standing arrangement, and we were due to go off to the New Forest on Monday.Already hours behind in getting ready we have had to go like the clappers to get everything done to leave tomorrow. Now I can almost guarrantee we will have forgotten something.

Don't fret too much we have still got a few shops down here for that odd thing ;)
Hope it goes well.

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Over the weekend we popped along to Romsey to have a look around the motorhome and caravan show at Broadlands house. For some reason we opted to take the wife’s Kia Venga rather than the 4WD Terrano with big knobbly tyres that would have been ideal for driving across a boggy, rain drenched field. And yes we got stuck up to the axels in mud. Fortuitously, I remembered and old trick learnt from Rex Hunt’s fishing adventures and stuffed a couple of heavy weight reusable shopping bags under the wheels for traction and got the car moving again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts