just want a fixed bed caravan

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
went online the other day looking at fixed bed caravans thought wouldn,t mind one of them. Ours is an 08 model so was hoping for a straight swap , get a fixed bed van without any money changing hands. He indoors, thinks can,t be done. It got so bad that we ended up argueing about changing our van. he said no and I said yes. Trouble is he gets a strop on if I keep going on about it, but believe me I can,t seem to stop myself. (I,m I asking for trouble admitting to that) All I want is a nice fixed bed so when hubby and son want stay up watch whatever ,I can go to bed instead of having to wait for their programme to finish. To me thats sounds ok, not to hubby yes I know we,ve got little money to buy another but if we could do a swap well that would be great. Has any one else manage to do a straight swap over from one van to another. Surely this can be done. Any ideas welcome.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I agree that a fixed bed caravan allows you to go to bed when others watch tv and you can also stay in bed nice and warm while your husband makes you a nice cup of tea which you can enjoy sitting up in bed as my o/h does.
Your best bet might be to approach a dealer to see if they will do a swop for one of their trade ins, it may be difficult to persuade someone to relinquish their fixed bed to swap caravans privately , what would they stand to gain?

Oct 24, 2007
Visit site
Fixed bed lovely, My wife was not bothered about changing to one, but I just got fed up making the seats into a bed in our Bailey what a chore, but I got my way we now have a Coachman Pastiche 560 its Great, so go for it Erica 1

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
What will Mrs Gump want next?
Her own caravan?
smiley-innocent.gif
smiley-wink.gif

We've had a fixed bed caravan for 11 years - one of the first to be made. We've thought about trading it in, but have never found a better replacement. We've looked, and looked for either a new van (too heavy, too expensive and would need a bigger towcar) or a newish second hand (like hen's teeth). I'm sure some people must trade in, but they do seem to be few and far between on the Dealer Forecourts. There were a batch of new Senator Indianas available when Bailey produced the Pegasus and stopped production, but these seemed to fly off the forecourts as soon as they came in and prices were very high.
Perhaps you'll just have to bite the bullet, and open the purse strings to upgrade - then at least you'll have what you want.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Erica
What model do you currently have?
Some years ago we had an Elddis Sunseeker 505 with double seats at the rear. We left these as a permanently made up bed.

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
hi dustydog we have a swift challenger 530 with end bathroom. Which i must say is lovely, Its a 4 berth with single bunks on the side. Hubby is determined not to change our van and no amount of asking etc will change his mind. He absolutely loves this caravan. So unless I want a divorce then i,ll just have to lump it for now anyway. My idea is leave it awhile then try him again. But watch this space I,ll eventually get onethat i,m sure.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts