Kamp/ Dometic

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
Just picked up a new Kampa awning brochure and notice that it is now marketed as Kampa/Dometic. When did the two companies merge?
Along with the awning brochure I was also given another brochure as Kampa how now entered the caravan cleaning and toilet chemical market with some items sold in eco friendly pouches rather than plastic containers .
Toilet chemicals now come in a variety of smells such as Pine, Spearmint and Pomegranate. Cleaners are Blueberry, Apple, Coconut, Clementine and Strawberry so even if they do not work at least the caravan should smell nice

Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
They bought out Kampa in the Autumn from memory -seemed a shame to me but the founders will have made their fortune. So many companies now under other's wings-i didn't know pwertouch were part of the Truma group!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As you say it's quite surprising how many companies are taken over, and there's no attention drawn to it so the public are often not aware. It is not unique to the leisure markets but the number of independent businesses is falling.

This is quite common when markets shrinks, the big players try to buy out the smaller players to bolster their sales potential but ultimately it begins to reduce the choices that customers have.

Not a lot we can do about it, unless we start buying more from the smaller manufacturers.

Reactions: JezzerB
May 7, 2012
Visit site
I saw the announcement some time back, it seems Dometic wanted to expand their range and this is the easy and cheapest route.. A fact of life that the big boys will swallow up the smaller ones, but then another new one pops up.
Not seen the chemicals though but I wonder if they bought someone else or these were due to come out at the time the company was sold.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I saw the announcement some time back, it seems Dometic wanted to expand their range and this is the easy and cheapest route.. A fact of life that the big boys will swallow up the smaller ones, but then another new one pops up.
Not seen the chemicals though but I wonder if they bought someone else or these were due to come out at the time the company was sold.
Just Googled the Kampa Toilet Chemicals there are quite a few Kampa Products and also available at Amazon .
SirRoger

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts