Kampa air awning

May 16, 2018
Visit site
Hi all, just got our Kampa Pro air 260 awning kit second hand off the bay all as new and it’s come with both limpet kit and rear support poles, what are people’s opinions on which is best? Don’t really want to put holes in it if I don’t have to.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Couple of things on the limpets. There have been some reports of paint damage and/or marking. Didnt happen to us when we used them. What we did find is the plastic centre is very brittle. In very hot weathet 50% of ours broke. They dropped off with the heat then snapped on refitting.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I’ve got a kampa air and I use the limpets and haven’t had any issue with them marking paintwork or breaking, I’ve had the odd one detach from the van but it’s gone back no problem, I find them much easier than the poles which I also have and there’s always gaps with poles so I think it’s try it and go with what you prefer, the holes on ours haven’t got any bigger so not an issue though I too was a bit wary of punching the holes initially.

BP

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
The limpets are utter rubbish. Bought a wheel arch cover that came with 3 and 2 of them were broken before I'd opened the packaging. Got them replaced then another broke on the 2nd use. I'm mechanically minded and I certainly wasn't over tightening them. If they were better made they would be great. I've bought universal screw suckers off amazon to replace them. Also, Aldi extending washing line poles work just as well as kampa rear poles but cost a fiver instead of 30'odd quid.

TRENDING THREADS