KAMPA AWNINGS

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I'm keen to know about the quality of Kampa awnings such as the 390 and Fiesta. I think there are at least a couple of you out there who have the kampa 390. Is the quality significantly better than the likes of the Suncamp Ultima etc and are they easy to erect? Thanks

Iona

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Iona , I have recently bought The Rally 390, easy to erect , there isnt a pole that touches the caravan anywhere, so the fear of dents has gone.

We didnt have the best start with ours as we had to put the awninmg up with caravan on one level and the awning on another

All in all very good .

If you would like to check out this site www.leisuremarket.co.uk

you will find more info

Its an Internet shop in Rugby.

If you are anywhere near there they have a good deal on them.

If you need more info ask for Parksy to give you my e mail address has my permission

Regards Sir Roger

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Used our Rally 390 twice now and very happy with it.

First time was a week at Keswick - was easy to put it up - less pole threading than the the Sunncamp range as only the roof top sections are fibreglass and run through sleeves, the vertical sections are metal and attached by simple clips fixed to the sides of the awning. The combination of glass and metal poles seems to give the whole thing a bit more rigidity than other similar types too. Went up both times we've used it without any readjustments needed to get it looking 'right'

Second time out was in France down near Bordeaux where we had heavy rain and wind for a week. Wind wasn't gale force as we were sheltered by a pine forest but the rain was certainly heavy, as were the drops shaken down from the trees by the wind!

The roof angle is flatter than other tunnel types due to the angled joint between the glass roof poles and the metal vertical wall poles and this did lead to slight pooling of water at one end. This would only be a problem if the awning were left unattended for days perhaps. The only leak as such was in the form of occasional drips from the lacing toggles that hold up the rolled up windows. These are fixed at 6 locations along the common seam running along the top of the windows on the outer wall - application of seam sealer along here will hopefully cure this next time out.

Added bonus for us is the fit on our van - no window clashes! We did buy the rear pole set (about

TRENDING THREADS