KAMPA FIESTA AWNING

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Anyone bought and used one of these awnings. I'm keen to get one but am unable to see it in the flesh before buying. Any thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Iona , sorry cant really help with your awning but last season we did buy a Kampa sport porch awning and all I can say is we are very pleased with it so easy to erect and no poles pressing against your caravan

I hope this is of some help to you

Sir Roger

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

We were keen on one of the Kampa Fiesta's, based on what we'd read on the web.

Supposedly, they were made with good quality fabric - a bit like a Spacelite on steroids

We almost ordered one, but took advantage of an unexpected opportunity to see a display model - and we were very glad that we hadn't gone ahead sight unseen.

To us, there was virtually no difference in the quality of the fabric between the Fiesta and the Spacelite (ie., thin and flimsy)

The design is good, but the whole thing, including the optional (very small) side tents was very disapointing.

Perhaps we expected too much, but reading the descriptions one can be forgiven for assuming that the Fiesta is a big step up in quality from the usual lightweight porch awnings (which it isn't)

In the end we found one of the last new Quest 'lounge' awnings on sale - and it's a cracker. The fabric is thick and the design is excellent, with lots of thoughful touches.

The only drawbacks with the Quest were the three rafter poles - really cheap and nasty. The front pole is hooped aluminium (which is fine) but the rafter poles were awful.

We swapped them for three IXL poles and brackets, which made the awning perfect for us.

My honest advice would be to seek out a new (or even secondhand) Quest lounge - but that's only my opinion, you might well be happy with the Fiesta, but I think you need to see one before ordering.

Regards

George

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Dunno what happened to my screen name! - was supposed to be Creature Comforts ;)

'Creature', indeed! - it's as if my mother in law is running the site

Mods - any chance of a change?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Creach

To change your username log in, click on 'Edit Profile' then click on the link to edit your personal deatails

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts