Kampa Rally 390 Lightweight Type Awnings - Advice

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone comment on the Kampa Rally 390 lightweight type of awning as i am contemplating purchasing one of these units, they sell on eVilbay for around 250 plus but have spotted one eBay seller selling them at auction listings, apparently they are As New with slight marks here and there..
We have already purchased a Fiamma Caravanstore canopy only for the weekends but wanted something a bit bigger and enclosed yet still lightweight.
I know there are other similar type awnings out there like the Kampa such as Suncamp etc and was wondering if anyone has these types of awnings and can comment on their abilty and strength.
Look forward to your replies.
Tony

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Sold my sunncamp 390 after using a couple of times to someone who wanted something bigger than their 260. They thought they were wonderful!! I'd never have anything like it again so there you go both sides of the coin in one hit. If needed I can put both our porch and with a bit of huffing and puffing our full awning up single handed, never managed on my own with the lightweight as there always seemed to be a very slight puff of wind to blow the whole thing everywhere!

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Tony. Kampa Awnings are being used by several forum members and not one complaint.
I have a Kampa 390 sport porch awning that Ive used for some years now its easy to erect and is light weight . As I say highly recommended and I am sure you will get other replies shortly.
Make sure when you make your purchase you get the storm poles with the awning these are the poles that make the awning a snug fit to the side of the van

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
I’ve just taken delivery of a kampa rally 390 and at first glance it looks a big improvement on my 4 year old suncamp ultima 390, material and poles better quality, design improvement in the adjustable poles and ability to achieve a better seal down side of van.
Unfortunately I wont be able to test it out until Clumber park at the end of the March, but it doesn’t look like setting it up will be any more difficult than the sunncamp, so 15-20 minutes with a 4 year old and 2 year old “helping” me out!
I bought the kampa from these boys and girls……..
http://www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/

The base price is very competitive, plus if you sign up for a loyalty card you get 10 % off at the moment. On top of this if you link to the site through quidco you get a further 10% back as cashback (fingers crossed).
They do all the additional poles storm straps etc, I’d got the lot for about £270. Delivery was free and next day. Website not the best I’ve come across but the telephone customer service was very helpful.
The other option I’ve heard good things about is the Outdoor revolution awning. Looks very good, just a bit put off by all the straps running along the ground.

I’m still toying with the idea of a full size awning, but put off by how difficult it will be dry, plus probably going to change van next year.
Good luck,

Gavin

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I bought a Towsure 260 porch awning last year and have used it twice. The last time was in Dorset last September during the very high winds and even though the pegs were not very secure, the awning remained where I had put !! I must say that for the money it did the job: somewhere to leave shoes and brollies etc and would certainly be big enough to eat the odd meal in. All in all I consider them to be a good buy provided that you don't expect too much of them.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had the Towsure 260 porch for 4 years - easy to erect and quality is ok.
It does the job of being an play area for kids,(table and chair etc) and also part of the walk in wardrobe for coats and shoes

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
We have a Kampa 390, having traded from a Sunncamp equivalent. I found the Sunncamp problematic to get a good seal against the side of the van, especially when the ground sloped. The Kampa has adjustable poles to compensate for this, as well as optional poles to hold the pads on the side panels against the van sides and create a nice seal. I got mone from ebay too and paid what I considered a very good price, so I'm well happy. I would recommend going for the Kampa if you can. I bought the Sunncamp thinking it was a cheap alternative, cheap it was, but it's not a ptach on the Kampa as an alternative.

IMHO

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Kampa 390 for me, spend that little bit more and get all three optional extras, as Sir Roger said the storm/monsoon poles, Cruzer mentioned the rear poles IMO they are a must to get a good seal against the van and finally get the storm straps.
Purchased mine fron a2zcamping next day delivery but do shop around as they were the cheapest at the time but you may find others with deals on at the moment.
Easy to erect, and last year stood up to some pretty high winds, all in all a good all round porch awning.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've got a Kampa Rally 390. Bought it 3 years ago. No problems but as the side doors/panels are the main colour (blue in my case) the awning can feel quite dark when the sides are closed. The light grey colour of the roof would have been a big improvement for me.

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
We bought a kampa rally air 360 in june 2013.we was living in our caravan until the September when went to spain. The kampa awning had started to fade already in the UK sun. We was in spain for 6 months, in which time the awning had gone from charcoal grey.to such a faded worn grey it looked old and well worn. We was in some really bad winds one day and it ripped the awning at the window seam.when we got back to the UK. We took it back to where we had purchased the awning from and they sent it back to kampa,the reply came back that they would not repair it as it was down to uv damage.
Would never buy from kampa again, the awnings fade to quick in the sun and look old before their time. If anyone would like before and after pics please contact,
Don't waste your money.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts