Kampa Rally Air Pro 330 - Good Buy?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello Parksy
I'm a real fan of the Kampa air awning I have the 260 one of the first issues. Up until recently I have had no real problems to speak off. However early this year I discovered one off the legs had a kink that wouldn't properly straighten. Eventually I found that the inner protective sleeve had become damaged I did post about my experience at the time along with what I think was remarkable customer service from Kampa, who after my wife's call to them sent us free of charge not only a replacement sleeve but also the inner tube to suit it as well. Bearing in mind I have had this awning about three years now.

Unlike others I have been very lucky in that I've never had puncture issues at all.
(I'm touching wood as I write this)

Other people have explained the problem regarding the initial weight whilst threading and I would like to add a point I found regarding the need for level pitches. With the leg lengths being fixed if you are pitched where the ground slopes upwards away from the van then there are issues where the awning stands off a bit from the bottom of the van. I've had this a couple of times but not so it inconvenienced me at all.
I was advised by a guy on a site to leave the outer door zips slightly open at the top to help with any potential condition problems. (Obviously the fly screen doors remain fully zipped) I have always done this and don't seem to suffer with the condensation problems other people report.

A good point I've found is if the awning is still damp when packing away I just peg it out backed up to our garden hedge when I get home it's virtually free standing when inflated and I can leave it a day or two to air out if necessary. Better than leaving it wrapped up damp waiting for a dry day.

Regarding the inflation I must admit that I found the air pump supplied quite hard work at times although I've used it all but my most recent two outings I used to have a breather a couple of times during the process. More due to my self inflicted excess shape and lack of fitness really, rather than any deficiency with the pump.

I asked via the forum for recommendations for a 12 volt air pump and followed the advice given by Sprocket. The Bravo pump I have bought works an absolute treat and I've kicked myself for not getting it earlier. I've looked back and found the posting but being unsure how to show a link to it I've copied the header so perhaps you could have a look, if in the future an electric air pump would suit you better.

Recomendations for a 12 volt Air Pump. 4 months 3 weeks ago #41757
Read more at http://www.practicalcaravan.com/forum/equipment-accessories/53117-recomendations-for-a-12-volt-air-pump#crbcAubQhDzrfr21.99

His advice to set the pump initially to 3 or 4 PSI to get the awning to take shape, then up to Ten PSI Is also spot on. The battery he recommends is also brilliant.

The inflation process with my awning takes approx 4 minutes.

I hope you find your new awning as useful as I have found mine.
Regards Brian

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Brian, there's some very useful information there matey :)
I'll give the manual pump a try before I splash the cash though, I need the exercise ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts