Kan a Kangoo ?

Jan 29, 2008
Visit site
I have a 1.6 manual petrol kangoo, just over a year old, what size caravan (if any) could I legally and sensibly expect to tow?

In the handbook, it's got the weights for unbraked and braked trailers, in renault brochure tech'spec's it's different , in what car mag, it's different again....what do I do?

Prefer to have a van based car, as it acts as a safe/secure extra room for luggage and dogs!

thanks

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Renault have a funny way of specifying a maximum permissible gross train weight which is less than the sum of maximum weight of the car and that of the caravan. As you may not exceed this gross train weight, the maximum that you may tow is the gross train weight minus the actual weight of the car, including drriver, passengers and payload, whatever that is. Therefore, what you may tow depends on how much you put into the car. At worst, the max. towload will be the gross train weight minus the maximum permissible weight (GVW) of the car itself.

The gross train weight and the GVW should be specified in the handbook. You will also find it on the VIN plate (usually located in some conspicuous place in the engine compartment, but sometimes on the B-pillar)

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
There's a good towing match service on the towsure website

Try: http://www.towsure.com/bespoke/outfit-matcher.html

It helped us when choosing or car/caravan combination.

Regards

Claire & Rob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts