Keep being told this is Caravan standard

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Hello all, just after some advice please,got this C caravan brand new van in July this year,took it to storage until we booked to go away,pick it up and took it home, as I was cleaning it notice the sealant around the panoramic window (only one side as photos) and found around 15/19 other faults with it when on holiday, we took the caravan back to were we got it from to sort it out and got told that this is caravan standard,fair play most of the fault have been done apart from the sealant around the window,today got a phone call from were we got it from and was asked if I would like two free services which I refused,now still waiting again
image_zpsfgssmkar.jpeg
img

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Utter rubbish, how can faults be the norm? Unfortunately you only find the faults when you you start to use the van and look around when you have hours to spare.
Anything else you wouldn't accept it, was told once people accept too much, well if i was spending a fraction of what they cost then yes maybe?
Just keep on until all fixed the blob of mastic you could do yourself probably?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Agree with Michael.
However be careful removing any mastic if it is an "overspill". Breaking the seal the mastic below may not recure causing problems that C will say is of your own making!!
From the pic it doesn't look right to me . Have a pic with the window open?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
It is wrong, but if it does not leak, two free services looks a better bet than a repair given it must be worth well over £400.

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
image_zps4uob3mrz.jpeg
this is the other side to the fixed panoramic window,would be hard to get down the side to make it look better,C asked KC to remove the window and re-seal it but KC refused as not done that before and asked C to come and do it,now 10 weeks later we get the 2 free service offer,question will the sealant go black/green in time and look awful

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
At the end of the day only you can say what you're happy with and the standard you are willing to accept. If you want it re done then hold out for that, it may need to go back to the factory for it. If you want the services instead then take it.

If the factory say it needs re doing then that's what should be done, if the dealer isn't competent to do that then I question whether I would want them doing a service on it either.

Excess will look shabby once dirty and not be easy to get at to clean.

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
We had a similar problem, we bought a new Coachman all was fine when we bought it but over the hot summer months the sealer softened and started to ooze out making a right mess, lucky it was the side windows so was easy to get to the dealer cleaned it all up no problem.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Nice to hear that some body else has bought, a coachman, I am on my second now, very minor problems, but all sorted out promptly and great back up from the factory if required.
We find ours great all year round.
Hutch.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts