Keep clear smokers- please

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 8, 2010
Visit site
If my dad can stop after smoking 4 packs a day for 40 years then anyone can stop. It is not easy i stopped 10 years ago I know what it is like.

I can't say it has ever been a problem when we have been away, Waffler must have been well and truly surrounded.

I run an ENT operating theatre and we treat head and neck cancers most often caused by smoking, I think these cancers are forgotten as most people think of lung cancer and heart disease as consequences of smoking. I sometimes see our patients the day after radical surgery at the hospital gates with a drip and a drain, you guessed it....... smoking.

So it is never too late to benefit from stopping, think of the depreciation on your van for having been smoked in for a start.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I'll be back in a minute ------ just popping out for a ***

Oh well at least I'll have peace and quiet, majority are ex-smokers.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gagakev said:
I'll be back in a minute ------ just popping out for a ***

Oh well at least I'll have peace and quiet, majority are ex-smokers.
Oh dear Sir Gagakev WC Bar
No smoking at The Woosie Round Table and certainly NO SMOKING in my awning.
How could you go 51 weeks and start again?? That's a real shame.
I freely admit I had three goes before I succeeded. My B&H Special Filter are nearly £8.00 a packet now! At 40 a day that's £5,840.00 a year on taxed income , enough to buy a beautiful brand new caravan paid for over say 4 years . Mmm, a no brainer for me.
smiley-smile.gif

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Quote Dusty - "Mmm, a no brainer for me"
Me too, I reckon if I was still smoking (if not dead?) I don't think I should be caravanning or motor cycling now! Just 'coffin'. (Pun)

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Oh dear Sir Gagakev WC Bar
No smoking at The Woosie Round Table and certainly NO SMOKING in my awning.
How could you go 51 weeks and start again?? That's a real shame.
I freely admit I had three goes before I succeeded. My B&H Special Filter are nearly £8.00 a packet now! At 40 a day that's £5,840.00 a year on taxed income , enough to buy a beautiful brand new caravan paid for over say 4 years . Mmm, a no brainer for me.
smiley-smile.gif
King DD there is no way I would even consider smoking on some ones else pitch let alone in there awning!
And yes to go so far and falter is a big disappointment, that was my 2nd attempt, the first time was for 8 months!! But I will think of you on my third attempt when it happens and hopefully be more successful. So yes I know it's in the pipeline there some where but in the mean time my weekly £13.00 packet of baccy will take me 32 years to buy a new van
smiley-smile.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gagakev said:
King DD there is no way I would even consider smoking on some ones else pitch let alone in there awning!
And yes to go so far and falter is a big disappointment, that was my 2nd attempt, the first time was for 8 months!! But I will think of you on my third attempt when it happens and hopefully be more successful. So yes I know it's in the pipeline there some where but in the mean time my weekly £13.00 packet of baccy will take me 32 years to buy a new van
smiley-smile.gif

[/quote]
Sir Gagakev WC (Bar)
Don't worry too much. Sir Mucky Pup TB still smokes.
I shall bring my red "Fire " bucket just in case we need to douse you down.
smiley-laughing.gif

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
i`m not a big anti smoking yet and people who try to give up have my full support but you have to want to in the first place.I still have friends who puff and it doesn`t bother me i`ve been to the pub and not given in so give up when you`re ready kev and i`ll back you.As for saving money i`ve just put up 50ft of fencing all paid for by mayfair ciggies

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts