keilder water ccc...??????

Mar 23, 2005
Visit site
hi just booked in to this site from 4 5 6 7 8 of august can enyone let me no what this site is like .... wanted to booke in to other ccc sites but most were full and this one wasnt.. it lookes like a nice site but cant understand haw this one is not full eny addvise would be graet meny thanks troy

Mar 23, 2005
Visit site
Troy,

I haven't stayed at this site myself but have camped a few times at the large scout camp at Keilder. My one piece of advice is take plenty of midge repellant. Its a lovely area but the midges really are buggers !

Mar 23, 2005
Visit site
Troy,

I haven't stayed at this site myself but have camped a few times at the large scout camp at Keilder. My one piece of advice is take plenty of midge repellant. Its a lovely area but the midges really are buggers !
thanks mate was just intrested haw this site is not fully booked cos it lookes like a realy nice site... meny thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Troy

Stayed at this site last year, the site is of the usual CC high standard, facilities are good and very clean, your a short walk from the reservoir where there is a bar, restaurant, shop and swimming pool. You'll also find a falconry centre there which is excellent my daughter who was 6 at the time was mesmerised by it. You can also go on the ferry that goes round the reservoir it stops at several points and you can get off to explore, then get on the next ferry.

There's plenty to see and do the only down side is the TV reception or lack of it.

Matthew

Apr 17, 2005
Visit site
Lovely site but slightly isolated. Good for walking and cycling and if you can get a pitch with a view of the reservoir it's spectacular, although siting the van can be difficult. Usual high CC standards. Lovely walk to waterfront from the site with a reasonably good bar that sometimes has entertainment. Enjoy - we did.

Mar 23, 2005
Visit site
Hi Troy

Stayed at this site last year, the site is of the usual CC high standard, facilities are good and very clean, your a short walk from the reservoir where there is a bar, restaurant, shop and swimming pool. You'll also find a falconry centre there which is excellent my daughter who was 6 at the time was mesmerised by it. You can also go on the ferry that goes round the reservoir it stops at several points and you can get off to explore, then get on the next ferry.

There's plenty to see and do the only down side is the TV reception or lack of it.

Matthew
thanks for the info matt... realy looking forward to it

Mar 23, 2005
Visit site
Lovely site but slightly isolated. Good for walking and cycling and if you can get a pitch with a view of the reservoir it's spectacular, although siting the van can be difficult. Usual high CC standards. Lovely walk to waterfront from the site with a reasonably good bar that sometimes has entertainment. Enjoy - we did.
meny thanks for the info dane looking forward to our stay...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts