Visit site
Traffic was fine, weather was lovely.

A famous view LOL!

boat-1-use-web.jpg

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Thanks for the lovely comments, much appreciated.

Euro, yes, the boat and the hut were taken at Dungeness, the Sandgate shot was Sandgate. LOL! When I win the lottery, I'm going to buy one of the big houses with a view of the sea at Sandgate. I've always loved that place, even as a child.

Believe it or not, Dungeness was heaving. In the second lighhouse, they do wedding ceromonies now.

The RHD light railway was very busy.

To say it's mid September, there doesn't appear to be a recession in Kent.

Lisa

G

Brings back reat memories of when my son and daughter were young and we were home for summer in the UK and took the caravan down there. Sadie and her kids and my other brothers family and cousin with her 5 kids spent three weeks of a glorious summer, can't remember what the site was called ( ?????????? Farm. Maybe).

Bizzarly on Romney Marsh nearby there was also a Phillipino craft/culture centre with an original Jeepney.

The site I seem to remember was near the sea wall on the coast road and there was pub within walking distance with a good playground for children. We caught the little trains every day and the kids loved it, flagging it down when we came back from the beach. Can you still stop them and hop on?

I remember having an attack of vertigo walking down the stair case around the inner wall of the lighthouse, never had it before and never had it since.

Thank's Lisa, you've brought back some great memories. I'm sure that rust coloured shack was there twenty years ago :)

Lisa's photo's just hi-light how this forum would benefit from a better forum engine.

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
Lisa,

What stunning picture you have taken, I love the effect of light on the rocks. Would you please tell me what computer program you use to enhance them or are you using some kind of magic camera?

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Thanks for the comments folks.

I've tried a bit of HDR. Three images merged in photomatrix, then finished off in Photoshop CS4 extended.

This was taken inside the church at Snargate.

As I've said before, I'm only used to doing event (canine and equine) photography. Landscapes, seascapes etc are completely alien to me.

Lisa
church-for-practical-caravan.jpg

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Thanks for the comments folks.

I've tried a bit of HDR. Three images merged in photomatrix, then finished off in Photoshop CS4 extended.

This was taken inside the church at Snargate.

As I've said before, I'm only used to doing event (canine and equine) photography. Landscapes, seascapes etc are completely alien to me.

Lisa
church-for-practical-caravan.jpg
ooops, I straightened the beam and its made the alter crook.

Oh well, never mind. LOL!

Lisa

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi Lisa,

Would I be correct in assuming HDR uses raw picture files? If landscapes and seascapes are alien to you, then you are lucky in having a natural flair. I have Corel Paintshop Pro which I am slowly learning. It does handy raw files, but I doubt it is as good as Photoshop CS4?

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
Lisa those photos are fantastic (and only 40 or so miles from me so I have no excuse not to visit!!!). Although I feel that the master behind the shutter has more to do with it than the view.

I know what you mean that Kent is continuing as though nothing has changed over the last year or so. Bluewater is still heaving compared to the Merry Hill Centre nr Dudley near where the in laws live.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
David

You can download a free version of Photomatix but it leaves watermarks across your final image.

I'm sorry I don't know anything about Coral. You don't always need fancy software though, this was taken and processed with a free version of Elements
1butterfly.jpg

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
David I have Paintshop Pro X2 and a Nikon D40 and while these are good, they still cannot improve the monkey who operates the shutter. I love the perspective adjustment feature. I'll try and remember to post some pictures tonight.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lisa those photos are fantastic (and only 40 or so miles from me so I have no excuse not to visit!!!). Although I feel that the master behind the shutter has more to do with it than the view.

I know what you mean that Kent is continuing as though nothing has changed over the last year or so. Bluewater is still heaving compared to the Merry Hill Centre nr Dudley near where the in laws live.
You're very lucky to live in the area. I'd like a house overlooking the sea at Sandgate. Just waiting for a win on the lottery to fund it.

People in the b&b trade seem to be doing a roaring business. Dungeness was heaving with tourists at the weekend, I couldn't believe it. Plenty of families boarding the light railway.

You can even get married in the second lighthouse now, there was a wedding there on Saturday.

Lisa

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
You're very lucky to live in the area. I'd like a house overlooking the sea at Sandgate. Just waiting for a win on the lottery to fund it.

People in the b&b trade seem to be doing a roaring business. Dungeness was heaving with tourists at the weekend, I couldn't believe it. Plenty of families boarding the light railway.

You can even get married in the second lighthouse now, there was a wedding there on Saturday.

Lisa
Lisa, its silly isn't it? Even though we are only 40 miles away it is not somewhere we would consider for a weekend away as we store the caravan in Essex it seems too much of a faff to come back to Kent as Suffolk is nearer to the van than Kent.

Yet 40 miles is a bit too far for an afternoon out..... but after those photos, I am now tempted...

Is that your gorgeous KC Spanniel? Also if you are new to landscapes then you are a very quick learner!!!

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
David I have Paintshop Pro X2 and a Nikon D40 and while these are good, they still cannot improve the monkey who operates the shutter. I love the perspective adjustment feature. I'll try and remember to post some pictures tonight.
Zafiral,

You are so right there. I have a workmate who paid a fortune for an expensive digital SLR, telling everyone he was going to produce fantastic pictures. Well 2 years on, he still has not shown us any, so I gather the monkey who operates the shutter can't produce the expected goods? I have Paintshop Pro x2 as well, much better than the free ones you used to get with computer mags some years back. I tried Photoshop, but I had real problems getting to grasp with it.

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
Zafiral,

You are so right there. I have a workmate who paid a fortune for an expensive digital SLR, telling everyone he was going to produce fantastic pictures. Well 2 years on, he still has not shown us any, so I gather the monkey who operates the shutter can't produce the expected goods? I have Paintshop Pro x2 as well, much better than the free ones you used to get with computer mags some years back. I tried Photoshop, but I had real problems getting to grasp with it.
David, I got my camera as a run out deal as 8 megapixels is old hat these days!! To be honest though even after 4/5 months tinkering and hundreds of pictures taken, the best results are using the pre defined (not necessarily full auto) mode.

For action shots I love the lack of shutter lag from an SLR even compared to a decent compact.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts