Kettle?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We are looking to replace our old 800w cordless kettle and are thinking of a higher wattage so that I can have my tea quicker. LOL! 😃 At home we have a 3000w kettle so quick tea however at 12.5amp it is bound to trip something in the caravan.

Looking for a 1.5l to 2l cordless kettle that will last many years, but unsure of wattage? To cater for 10amp sites I think the maximum is about 2000w. The caravan does have a load monitor fitted.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We use an Asda Smart Price one which is 2,000 watts and low enough to work happily on 16 amp sites. We still have an old low wattage kettle though for the odd site with lower power. Not sure if the current offering from ASDA is the same though but kettles at the level should be available if you look at the cheaper ones.

Reactions: JezzerB
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We use an Asda Smart Price one which is 2,000 watts and low enough to work happily on 16 amp sites. We still have an old low wattage kettle though for the odd site with lower power. Not sure if the current offering from ASDA is the same though but kettles at the level should be available if you look at the cheaper ones.
Thanks. Those ASDA, Tesco etc kettles are okay for the home environment, but not really for camping due to their high wattage. Unfortunately 2000w is just that bit too high as drawing over 8 amps. We would like to keep it to under 5amp or 1200 watts. On the continent quite often come across nice sites that only have 6amp on the pitch.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We bought a plastic low wattage kettle. Couldn’t get rid of the plastic taste: boiled it and boiled it. No joy. Bought a stainless steel one instead.
mel

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We bought a plastic low wattage kettle. Couldn’t get rid of the plastic taste: boiled it and boiled it. No joy. Bought a stainless steel one instead.
mel
Looking at the Kampa stainless steel kettle on Amazon. Looks ideal, but would prefer to avoid Kampa goods if at all possible. Trying to avoid stuff made in China but not very successful. LOL! :ROFLMAO:

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I respect your personal decision to try to avoid buying Chinese goods, but the reality is you cannot realistically avoid using everything that has Chinese connections.

Almost every piece of equipment that uses electronics will have components made in China, so the tech you use to contribute to this forum is most likely made in China or at least uses Chinese components.

Good luck in your quest.

Reactions: JezzerB and RogerL
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I respect your personal decision to try to avoid buying Chinese goods, but the reality is you cannot realistically avoid using everything that has Chinese connections.

Almost every piece of equipment that uses electronics will have components made in China, so the tech you use to contribute to this forum is most likely made in China or at least uses Chinese components.

Good luck in your quest.
Actually many components are made in other countries like Japan, Malaysia etc and are imported into China to make the final product and that is when it all falls down. I agree it is nearly impossible to buy something that is not made in China which is why the West should be more careful about being too dependent on China for supplies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts