Kia sorento 13 pin socket

Apr 4, 2023
Visit site
My car has 2 wires going to a 13 pin socket.one black wire and one grey wire with similar colours in each.does anyone know the wiring for this please to a new 13 pin socket.thank you

Apr 4, 2023
Visit site
That suggests that the car was originally wired with a 12N 7-pin socket for road lights, served by the black cable and a 12S 7-pin socket for the caravan domestics, served by the grey cable - and then converted later to a 13-pin socket.

These links may help https://www.westerntowing.co.uk/12n-and-12s-caravan-trailer-wiring-charts/
https://www.westerntowing.co.uk/caravan-trailer-13pin-wiring-chart/
Cheers I've bought the 13 pin socket.diagram 3 shows the 13 pin but I may just have to go back to 2 sockets grey and black sockets because I have double wires of the same colour 2x yellow 2 x blue etc but no mixed coloured wires like in the 13 pin diagram

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Cheers I've bought the 13 pin socket.diagram 3 shows the 13 pin but I may just have to go back to 2 sockets grey and black sockets because I have double wires of the same colour 2x yellow 2 x blue etc but no mixed coloured wires like in the 13 pin diagram
From the circuit description you should be able to identify which wire goes where

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Can you add labels to the current set up - photograph the connections, and belt and braces make detailed notes of source - colour - pin? If uncertain a towbar fitter or AWS techie should do this easily for you. Bit of a retrograde step to go back to twin sockets that were much less reliable than the twist-lock 13 pin. If like me you use trailers that are 7 pin (in my case a trailer that goes to the tip, and a bike carrier) then you can buy cheap 7 to 13 pin adapters for road light connection.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikeb375
Apr 4, 2023
Visit site
Can you add labels to the current set up - photograph the connections, and belt and braces make detailed notes of source - colour - pin? If uncertain a towbar fitter of AWS techie should do this easily for you. Bit of a retrograde step to go back to twin sockets that were much less reliable than the twist-lock 13 pin. If like me you use trailers that are 7 pin (in my case a trailer that goes to the tip, and a bike carrier) then you can buy cheap 7 to 13 pin adapters for road light connection.
Yeah I have a trailer and use an adapter.i will have another go tomorrow morning and if no luck there's a guy 15 minutes away who does tow bars I will pop it upto him.
Like an idiot I took the other one off it was rusted really bad and not much wire to work with and didn't photograph it or take notes.changed one on my old car and thought it would be as straight forward as that one
I don't like to be beaten so one last go tomorrow. 🙂

May 7, 2012
Visit site
For future reference the diagram and a lot more is available on the CAMH website free and you do not have to be a member to read it.

Reactions: mikeb375

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts