Kia Sorento - comments?

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Hi, I currently run a 2002 Nissan Terrano 2.7TDi and am looking to possibly buy a Kia Sorento 2.5 Diesel Auto.

Does anyone have any experience of this vehicle - good or bad - does it tow well etc etc

Thanks, Chris P

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Chris, I understand it's a great towcar and has got numerous good reviews in all the caravan mags some of which you will find on-line if you do a bit of searching. It's got a high kerbweight which would help you druve a bit of a monster, though you don't say what van you will be pulling.

My brother in law always drives Kia's and swears by them (ex HGV driver). The only downside as far as I can see is that they tend to be heavy on juice. But someone else might know better than me. Hope this helps a bit. Roz

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
HI!

Have you read mays practical caravan ! It has a huge write up on the kia sorento towing an adria532 round spain !!

It got an excellent write up !!!!

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi chris, we have had a sorento for 2 years, it is fantastic, our caravan weighs 1500kg but you dont know its there! i would say i get approx 35 to the gallon solo, which i think is excellent, servicing by main dealer is very reasonable too.

we chose the manual version, i will be ordering another in the next 6 months or so, i would recommend it to anyone! hope this helps, feel free to e-mail me if you need anymore info, best wishes, andrew.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Hi chris, we have had a sorento for 2 years, it is fantastic, our caravan weighs 1500kg but you dont know its there! i would say i get approx 35 to the gallon solo, which i think is excellent, servicing by main dealer is very reasonable too.

we chose the manual version, i will be ordering another in the next 6 months or so, i would recommend it to anyone! hope this helps, feel free to e-mail me if you need anymore info, best wishes, andrew.
Hi andrew, thanks for the info. Did you have any initial faults/problems with car, if so were the dealers ok & did they offer courtesy vehicle etc.

Also, my Terrano has become quite rattly inside due to the hard ride, does the Sorento feel the same or is it a softer ride?

Regards, Chris.

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi andrew, thanks for the info. Did you have any initial faults/problems with car, if so were the dealers ok & did they offer courtesy vehicle etc.

Also, my Terrano has become quite rattly inside due to the hard ride, does the Sorento feel the same or is it a softer ride?

Regards, Chris.
Hi chris, we have had no problems what so ever, the car does have a hard ride but this helps when towing, the whole unit is solid, there is no snaking, or van movement what so ever,we have never had any rattles or squeeks (a pet hate of mine, things like that drive me mad!) we have ours serviced at Victor Wood of Grantham (main dealer) they are very helpful and always suply a courtesy car.

Hope this helps, if you need any more help please drop me a line. Andrew.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts