Kia Sportage

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I am hopeless at maths (failed the O level) so I was hopeful someone could help my sister and I. We have a 2001 Coachman Pastiche 500/05 which we currently tow with an 02 kia sedona 1.9 TDi. We are looking to change to the Sportage as we no longer need such a large vehicle and wondered if the Kia Sportage 2.0 XSE would be a good match? Sorry to dumb this on those with mathmatical brains, but help woud be appreciated!

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
i tow a swift charisma 565 with an MTPLM of 1498kg. The max braked trailer for my 138bhp 2007 xe Crdi is 1600kg. It tows the van very nicely. On the flat it hold 60 on 6th at around 2100 rpm , Acceleratin in 1st is a tad slow but i never hammer it any way and always let the vehicle build up speed at its own pace.

If the MTPLM is 1450 you will have no difficulty what soe ever, but you need to check the caravan weights before making your decision.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I changed from a Kia Sedona 2.9 to the 2008 - 2010 Sportage XS 2WD. First tow with it this week CV 1259kg. Towed very well and every bit as stable as the Sedona even in some high winds. What has disappointed me is the fuel economy towing, not much more than 20mpg
smiley-cry.gif
Couldn't beleive how quick the fuel gauge was droping. Seems ok solo, 38 - 40ish.
I'm not heavy footed, and i kept the speed to 50 - 55 so very disappointed with that. The Sedona was far better and with the rear seats removed, loads of room for the dog, in a cage, and extra luggage. Good job I don't do a lot of driveing these days has I can save for the towing!!! Now wishing I'd kept the Sedona. Hopeing against hope, that has the milage goes up, only 3500 at the mo, the engine will improve giving more mpg towing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts