Kimberley Caravans

Oct 30, 2006
Visit site
We had a very enjoyable day at the NEC and my wife has fallen in love with a Kimberley Coachman dealer special 560, has anyone had any dealings with this group? They seemed OK, but I am concerned it is a long way from Bedfordshire if we have any problems. How have people found the Amara Kimberley specials ? We have an Abbey Freestyle at the moment and we are very pleased with it, but told Coachman build quality is much much better (though we have no complaints with our Abbey)plus the layout would suit us we feel. Thanks for any advice.

Take care

Paul

Jun 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi, we too fell for a Kimberley special edition and were a little concerned about the distance should things go wrong. It's a gamble but, after speaking to Swift and the agents in Kimberley's "service network", we decided to go for it. Worst case scenario is we have a three hour drive to get something sorted but I am confident I can find someone closer to do the work (and both Swift and Kimberley have said we should just call them if there are any problems - although that is short of a guarantee).

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Whilst I haven't had any dealings personally with Kimberley Caravans, they are local to me and I do know others who have. They're a well established company, and have made large investments into their premises over the past few years. I believe that the Caravan Club use them as a base for their towing instruction. I've heard no negative comments from friends who have bought caravans from them. I hope that helps any anxieties.

Nigel.

Jun 3, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Nigel, that's good to hear. Still, if anyone does choose to buy from a distance, I'd recommend a little homework first!

Jan 8, 2007
Visit site
we bought our 2007 sterling from kimberly caravans.you can lay your fears to rest as weve found them to be a decent company to deal with.this is our second van from them and wouldnt hesitate to recomend them.

we saw the kimberley amaras at the show and thought how nice they were compared to most other makes,but we'll stick with ours for a few years yet.

hope this helps

dave

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Your servicing issues and warrenty issues can be dealt with without the need to go back to kimberley, just look for an NCC approved local workshop that can then deal with this for you. Well done on getting a coachman, do think about the owners' club

Jun 3, 2008
Visit site
We've just had some minor warranty work carried out on our Europa Lux 565 and Kimberley were very good in finding a local dealer to do the work for us. In the end we went to Chichester Caravans in Redhill and I was very impressed with their service too.

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
As for dealers being far away your a bit limited if you are after one of their special edition vans.

I have personally never had any problems buying away from home but some have, but then some have had issues with the local dealer.

They sound pretty switched on to the needs of customers which is good , i think dealers have woken up to try and sell to a wider audience at the shows these days.

Look after your customers and they will always come back to you,when times are tough you are worth your weight in gold.

TRENDING THREADS