Klein Strand - Belgium

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone stayed here at anytime? If you've stayed here during the winter I'd really like to hear from you.

I'm thinking about going in January for a few days and as it's close and easy to get to it rings all the right bells to me.

Cheers

Mark

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mark,

I've avoided the Klein Strand site in the summer because of the very busy water park - but I doubt if you'll be using the water slide or jet-ski in January?, and it's certainly better than the other alternative near the city of Brugge (Camping Memling)

However, Camping Blaarmeersen on the outskirts of Gent (about 30 minutes further along the E40) is probably the best camp site in Belgium - and certainly the best in the Northern part of Belgium. But Klein Strand is probably a good second.

Both have a good to very good restaurant - which offer a reduced menu in the winter - but you can do a whole lot better in the surrounding towns and cities (particularly Damme to the north of Brugge)

If you search this forum for some of the questions by Barney (Cumbria), or Camping Blaarmeersen, Camping Memling or Camping Klein Strand you should retrieve a load of useful information.

Regards, Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mark,

I've avoided the Klein Strand site in the summer because of the very busy water park - but I doubt if you'll be using the water slide or jet-ski in January?, and it's certainly better than the other alternative near the city of Brugge (Camping Memling)

However, Camping Blaarmeersen on the outskirts of Gent (about 30 minutes further along the E40) is probably the best camp site in Belgium - and certainly the best in the Northern part of Belgium. But Klein Strand is probably a good second.

Both have a good to very good restaurant - which offer a reduced menu in the winter - but you can do a whole lot better in the surrounding towns and cities (particularly Damme to the north of Brugge)

If you search this forum for some of the questions by Barney (Cumbria), or Camping Blaarmeersen, Camping Memling or Camping Klein Strand you should retrieve a load of useful information.

Regards, Robert
Thanks for the reply Robert. I appreciate your answer.

Cheers

Mark

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Robert. I appreciate your answer.

Cheers

Mark
Hi Mark,

I work in Rotterdam, live in the UK and Holland - and regularly commute past Brugge and Gent on my way to / from Rotterdam.

Any local information needed - give me a shout and I'll try to find out for you.

Robert

Dec 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mark,

Regards, Robert
blaarmersen is shut in winter, they were closing the week after we left in mid sept

Jun 28, 2006
Visit site
hi Mark Klein Strand well we went this year in main weeks and we had some of the worst rain Belgium had seen for many a years resulting in 95% of the pitches flooding. We had to take our awning down 2 times. So going when you are GOOD LUCK i would"t bother.Site is huge with chinese resturant which is nice but we find staff in bars rude. France for me anyday

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts