L shape lounges in vans

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all. Whats your opinion on the L shape lounge. We are in the process of looking for a newer van and like the look of the L shape lounge. Anybody with any advise on this matter good or bad pros and cons would be appreciated. There dosent seem to be that many about. Are they popular or not. Also my ideal van would be a 4 berth have an L shape lounge rear bathroom no fixed bed large skylight omnivent fan removablr carpets a decent amount of wardrobe and locker space plus the usual extras be around 1016kgs(20ctws) All for under £9000 is this possible, not to bothered about year but newer the better. Do you have a van like this. Names of makes and models would be greatly recieved. Thanks Richard W

Sep 1, 2005
Visit site
hello richard

we have a bailey pageant mosselle cd,it has an L shaped lounge and a rear bathroom.we rearly like this layout,feels more spacious inside.it is also a four berth.only fault is i don't think the double bed is as big as on a standard layout.gareth

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Richard,wehave an L-shaped lounge which is ok for the two of us,however I feel that they wouldnt be so practical for four people. Sitting four around the table would be difficult for example.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It is an individual choice. We looked at L shape lounges a few years ago but they werent for us, we like to stretch out on the seats in the evening watching telly, also dont like the look from outside withe the deeper window on the o/s, but as i said at the start it is down to the individual.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
WE are just in the process of changing our van. At the moment we have a Sterling Eccles Amethyst 2002 which has a side bathroom, double in the back and the L-shaped front. The L shape front is brilliant has we can sit up to 6 adults comfortably if we wish. The bed still comes out to a full size double. We are changing for a Sterling Eccles Emerald 2006. this has an end bathroom, side dinette and an L shaped front. I wouldn't go back to the traditional parallel as you have less space. It is a squeeze to get more than 4 in the front and it is difficult to watch the telly. By the way, you can still lie on the L shape and one side is actually longer than the sides on a parallel. Hope this helps, Helen.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi richard we prefer two parrell benches because we sometimes use them as twin single beds also it's nice to beable to have a lye down without having to pull the bed out but we ale have our own idea's and like's and dislike's ours also has an end bathroom which gives us plenty of room and a side dinnett what ever you go for i am sure you will enjoy it all the best peter

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This is my 1st van with an L'shaped lounge, other 4 vans have been parralel. The main advantage is the floor space, which is even more noticeable with a van the size of the Provence.

Now I've lived with it for 6 months, it has grown on me, but it's down to personal choice.

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Had a Compass Ralley 490/4L for 3 Months now & been away most weekends. We are very impressed, it was one of the first vans we saw "and we looked at a lot when looking for a new van" nothing could match up to the qualities that the compass has though everybody's needs are different.

I would not hesitate in recommending the Ralley 490/4L to anyone looking of an L shaped lounge.

Aug 23, 2004
Visit site
I have a 2004 Swift Charisma 565 with L shaped lounge.

The advantage is that it definitely feels like there is more space in the lounge area and you don't have to sit directly opposite to each other - downside is the lack of the centre drawer unit with it's pull out table which is great for snacks and drinks.

I guess it's down to personal preference.

Haydn

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As our van is 2,3 m wide we already have extra floor space, plus being a fixed bed model the paralel seats are ideal for stretching out and watching TV as the TV housing is in the middle of the van.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Hi Richard, We have an Elddis superstorm with a L shaped lounge our previous vans were all parallels but love the L shaped, so much more room, we still use the two sides as singles now and again should we need to and also when the bed is up there is stil room for one of the kids to sleep on the remaining side. We still have the parallels at the other end of the van but with 3 kids we find the L shape gives so much more floor space and a more relaxed atmosphere when sitting watching the tv etc of an evening, all down to personal choice but we personnally would never to go back in fact we are finding it difficult to find a new van as good as the set up we have now, ours is a 1998. Hope you find what your looking for Tracy ~

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts