L200 Advice Please

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

The new L200 Warrior would seem to be an excellent towcar, either auto or manual, having spoken to an owner of one at my Mitsubishi dealer.He was interested in my 2004 lwb Shogun and we discussed their respective towing caoabilities. He tows a twin axle Bailey Senator Wyoming as I do. He had nothing but praise for the new L200. like myself he had a Misubishi towbar fitted. Having read about vehicles with leaf spring rear suspensions he wondered whether to have a shocklink fitted between the towbar and towball. The dealer suggested he ring Bailey to ask their advice. Sensible advice.

The new 2.5 litre engine in the new L200 is superb. I have only driven a demonstrater solo but the person I spoke to said there was power to spare with his twin axle on the hitch.

Hope this helps .

Hamer

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
my dad has a shogun sport wich is almost identical to the l200 but with a roof, he has had no problems with the car up to now although it is only 1 year old. the car tows his coachman pastiche 530/4 with absolute ease, 1570 kgs fully laden and towed my old van ace celebration twin axle also with ease. the only downsides to the vehicle are very high fuel consumption, low 20's towing not much better solo the car desperately needs a 6'th gear to lower engine noise and improve mpg and the car does get very hot inside on a long run, yes it does have a/c but fuel consumption drops even lower so its expensive to use. overall a good car but i think that theire are better alternatives out theire. personal choice really.

Don't have any choice vehicle wise and it comes with a very generous fuel allowance.

What is a Shocklink and where do I buy? Please, if anyone can help. Dealer was a little vague and I was advised that there may be a better option tow bar wise.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Hi Warrior, a shocklink is a addition to your tow hitch made by a company called Dixon bate, it is basically a set of plates seperated from each other by a series of springs that take the shock load out of a towbar, you do not need one for the warrior as the car has a load capacity of less than 3500 kgs. problems started a few years ago with recovery trucks towing caravans, the trucks had such heavy duty suspension that the caravan hitch was taking all the shock load and in some cases the A frame snapped, that is why the AA and RAC now use smaller trucks to tow caravans or fit shock links to the larger tow "trucks". bailey will have no problem with you towing your new van with the L200 as it is and i think once you see the price of the shocklink you will do without it anyway, last time i saw one for sale it was

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
sorry forgot ,dad has the mitsi tow bar fitted, it was not much more than an aftermarket option and is wired to the dashboard warnings rather than that annoying bleeper the aftermarket people fit. definately worth getting the dealer to fit it. (as long as they do it right ?).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts