la Baie de Somme

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
There have been several posts about using the this Aire for an overnighter due to its dedicated caravan area and the security patrol. Has anyone stayed recently? Has anything changed? Is there plenty of room or is there a possibility of not finding a space?

Any info/advice gratefully received.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ron,

after using this service station Saturday afternoon, I wouldn't recommend anyone to use it again! It seemed the whole of France decided to stop off and fill up with fuel & have something to eat. There were staff in yellow jackets rushing through people filling up with fuel, then directing the caravans to the caravan designated area only to find it completely full up with cars only. Myself, my friend & 2 other caravans were stuck and had to stop the traffic, turn our caravans around or squeeze through the grid locked caravan area to get out, yet cars and caravans were still piling in. My wife tried to get the yellow jacket brigade to stop directing traffic to the caravan area but they didn't want to know at first. La Baie de Somme was like the Battle of the Somme !!!!

Sorry, I'll get back to your original question. If I were you, I'd see if there were spaces available at the front of the service station. If they were full, then at least you'd be able to move on to the next one without getting jammed in.

Regards

Mark

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
That sounds horrendous. However it was one of the busiest weekends in August in the afternoon and as we will be arriving at about 11.00pm this coming Saturday I'm hoping it will be a bit quieter.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We stayed overnight there in May - and it was fine. We're probably going to be there again on soon for our first sleep before venturing south again.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
I should also have said we've once not found room in the 'caravan cul-de-sac' but there are other places for caravans in front of the service building. This is noiser, though, because of all the comings and goings.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts