La Baie , La Trinite-Sur-Mer

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Has anybody any feedback on the above site in Southern Brittany. We are going for two weeks in Aug but can't find any reviews. Thanks Denise.

Apr 16, 2008
Visit site
Hi Denise we are also heading to La Baie at the end of July. The only way I found reviews for it was by typing "La Baie reviews" into google. I found they were mostly good but there was a mention of french teenagers using the camp as a shortcut which is apparently sorted out now. As far as I can make out the camp itself is clean and well run and the facilities are supposed to be good. If you find anything different I would be grateful if you post it on this forum. I'd like a better idea of what to expect!!

Kellie.

May 15, 2007
Visit site
hello---we stayed at la baie last year for 10 days---it's a nice site, with good size pitches,clean toilets and a good pool. ---as there are some static vans and tents, try and select a pitch away from them if you want peace and quiet---nice beach across the road, along with a shop and restaurant. There is a small fresh water lake nearby, a good breeding ground for the mossies, so take whatever "anti-bite" cream you prefer----you WILL need it.

The town itself is nice, with plenty of pricey shops and nosh houses---(The seafood is excellent) and there is a market twice a week. Visit Auray and Carnac, both excellent days out particularly Auray. There is a Lidls in Carnac where we shopped----saved a lot of pennies by going there---- also there is a supermarket just as you come into carnac--cheaper fuel as well.

hope this helps, let me know if you need any more info

Oh yes--the sun shone for the whole of our stay, while the rest of France was in a deluge !! so i hope you have the same

Apr 16, 2008
Visit site
Hi Bob

Thanks for the feedback! Can't wait we've a little over 3 weeks left and I'm counting the minutes! Thanks for the tip about the mossies, husband is usually a magnet for them! Will let you know how we get on.

Kellie.

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Bob for that info. Great to hear of someone who has been there. Its our first time to France with the van and we leave on 10th Aug with our 3 young children in tow.

Is the site busy with traffic because they have told me the roads between the pitches are narrow and I don't know whether it is worth taking the childrens bikes. We are on pitch A11, I don't know whether that is near the statics or not.

Kelly, I hope you have a lovely time and I think we must leave as you are getting back. Fingers crossed for good weather. Denise

May 15, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Bob for that info. Great to hear of someone who has been there. Its our first time to France with the van and we leave on 10th Aug with our 3 young children in tow.

Is the site busy with traffic because they have told me the roads between the pitches are narrow and I don't know whether it is worth taking the childrens bikes. We are on pitch A11, I don't know whether that is near the statics or not.

Kelly, I hope you have a lovely time and I think we must leave as you are getting back. Fingers crossed for good weather. Denise
hello denise----we were there in june last year, and there were a few young kids playing on their bikes, not a lot of traffic but the roads around the site are narrow, with lots of high shrubs etc, so i would be keeping a eye on them, especially in August,---- A11 is a good pitch, well away from the tents, but check out their web site -- www.camping-de-la-baie.com---you will see your pitch. Once you get the page up look on the right hand info panel, click on "download" and then map of camping. The small red triangles are power points.

There is a small shop just across from the site entrance which sells the usual bread and goodies

Hope you have a nice time

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts