La Grande' Metairie

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
We are going to La Grande' Metairie in Saint Hillaire la Foret in a couple of weeks time. Has any one been and is it ok?? I dont want to know if its not!!

Also can any one recommend a site in Bairritz for next year for quite a few of us with a mixed age range of kids?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ian,

we went to La Grande Metairie in 2002 & 2003. It's a very nice site, there's plenty to do and it's got a lovely warm pool. Just make sure you're not pitched too near the bar area as it can get a bit noisy in the evenings. There's a decent beach about 10 minutes drive away at Les Conches. Arrive well before 1pm as it gets very busy after that. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Don't think I can help you with Biarritz. The site we stayed at in Lesperon was nice & quiet, & very clean but didn't have too much for the kids: just a small pool, small play area and a table tennis table. Our kids made their own entertainment. I think their website is "parcducouchoy.com" if you'd like to have a gander. We'll probably return there once the kids have grown up.

Best of luck

Mark

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ian, I don't know if you want to be in Biarritz itself or in the general area. Le Col Vert at Lac Leon is a good site on a freshwater lake near St Girons, and there is a good beach type site with lots to do at Moliets Plage.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts