La Manga or Mar Menor camping sites - Torrevieja

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Hello, please can anybody advise me if they have stayed at any of the above sites, how you found them, likes/dislikes etc.

would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks Gill

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Gill

La Manga is a bit like people view Malta you either love it or hate it. My wife hated it by I found it to be acceptable or atleast the site, the surrounding area is a bit naff, it is an ex-mining area, Malaga itself is a mass of hotels built on the strip of land between the Med. and the inland sea (mar menor).

With regards the site it is big getting on for half a mile in depth, the pitches vary from 90 to 110 sq metre the pitches or Parcelas as the Spanish say at the road end tend to be shady as they do not prune the shrubs but down towards the sea end (with larger pitches) they do allow pruning, this is the better area in the winter. The pitches are serviced so take a hose and waste flexible waste pipe, the electrics are not bad about 10A but the voltage can vary.

There is a good restuarant and bars, laundry and also washing machines, tennis, boules, dancing, swimming pool and many people sail board.

There is a supermarket type shop and outside supermarkets within ten or so minutes away.

Bikes are a usefull aide, both in and out of site.

On approaching the site take the next exit after you pass it on the other side of the road, many people overshoot!

There are a fair number of permanent homes that can look a bit shanty town'ish.

Jul 22, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

We are at the moment at La Manga and spend the winter here, it is not naff, there is everything you could want on the site for long stays, many different types of activity which you can join in if you want to. The pitches are of a good size with water and drainage and all the pitches are hedged and private. The area of La Union was originally a mining area but you cannot see evidence of this from the site. It is very agricultural and lot of the vegtables sent to the UK are grown around here. The city of Cartegena is 20 mins drive away and is a lovely city and very historical. There are lovely beaches around and about and yes the La Manga strip of hotels is very built up but is in the far distance. The community spirit is wonderful here and the weather has been brilliant. Today it has been 80 degrees on our pitch and at 7.30 in the evening we are still sitting outside in shorts and t- shirts. Hows that for a good life!

Oct 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi Gill

Just returned from La Manga after 5.5 Months first time there and booked for next winter. Superb spirit all you could possibly want for long stay made many new friends. Good size pitch 10sq mt used solid pipe for waste and mains connection for water.Yes you need an open mind when you first arrive, the camping and caravanning ralley seems a good bet as far as cost but they do have the smaller pitches.

Give it ago I am sure you will enjoy.

Regards Rod G.

Oct 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi Chris,

This year I paid 9.7 euro per night for a stay of 160 nights inc elec. There are a few extras you may feel you need on arrival ie. matting for jour pitch say

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Rod

Thanks for that, it is very helpful and gives us some idea should we decide to do something next winter. With cold days like this lot it makes you think!

Regards Chris

BJ

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

We are at the moment at La Manga and spend the winter here, it is not naff, there is everything you could want on the site for long stays, many different types of activity which you can join in if you want to. The pitches are of a good size with water and drainage and all the pitches are hedged and private. The area of La Union was originally a mining area but you cannot see evidence of this from the site. It is very agricultural and lot of the vegtables sent to the UK are grown around here. The city of Cartegena is 20 mins drive away and is a lovely city and very historical. There are lovely beaches around and about and yes the La Manga strip of hotels is very built up but is in the far distance. The community spirit is wonderful here and the weather has been brilliant. Today it has been 80 degrees on our pitch and at 7.30 in the evening we are still sitting outside in shorts and t- shirts. Hows that for a good life!
OH it is good to hear that about the weather.

We are due in this area in about a week.It sounds a lot better that the cold winds here at home.

DJM

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello,

Does anyone who regularly visits & uses La Manga caravaning site know of a reputable all year round caravan storage facility in the area please?

Many thanks in advance for any replies.

Feb 12, 2006
Visit site
We use a storage site at Los Montesinos ( about 25 miles from La Manga). The vans are secure and stored undercover. If you want to mail me through the mods I can give you their contact details as they don't have a web site. Its owned by a Dutch guy and the staff speak reasonable English

DJM

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We use a storage site at Los Montesinos ( about 25 miles from La Manga). The vans are secure and stored undercover. If you want to mail me through the mods I can give you their contact details as they don't have a web site. Its owned by a Dutch guy and the staff speak reasonable English
Hi John,

Thanks for your quick reply and for the info, I have requested your email address from the mod and will drop you a line when I receive it.

Kindest regards,

Dave

Feb 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi John

I was wondering if I too could have details of this storage site please? With thanks, Chris
Hi Chris,

I found out last time you have to mail the Mod and he forwards it, as I don't believe they allow advertising on the site....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts