La Nautique, Norbonne

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi All,

Any views or info about this site would be appreciated,

Pitch size, Road noise, Swimming Pool, Welcoming, Windsurfing on the lake, surrounding area, bbq etc.

Cheers in advance.

Darren

Nov 20, 2007
Visit site
We stayed last month for one night on our way down to Spain. The lake looked OK, every pitch has it's own shower and WC. The pool was clean (must wear trunks and not shorts) Some pitches are bigger than others, a bit dark and cramped for us though I'm sure we were given a back pitch as we were moving on after one night. Very easy to find off the m/way.

Good luck.

DJM

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Darren

We have stayed at La Nautique twice, once for a two week holiday and once as an overnight stop on our way to Spain. I will list what I consider are the positives and negatives for the site.

Positives: Private bathroom facilities on every pitch, well organized swimming pool with small children's pool, lovely restaurant on site, easy to find just off the motorway, direct access to lake for windsurfing, canoeing, sailing etc..

Negatives: The area is renowned for the very violent Tramontana winds which seem to blow a lot of the time and because of this there is a speed restriction for caravans and motor homes on the motorways near here.

Certain pitches are an awkward shape if you have a large van and awning to erect and some pitches have very high hedges to shelter you from the wind and are a bit claustrophobic.

The site is owned by a very welcoming Dutch family but the site is predominantly used by Dutch campers who can sometimes be a bit clannish when they are in large numbers.

Not enough sunbeds for everyone around the pool area when the site is busy.

Transport is essential for all shopping requirements and for going to any other restaurants / bars /shops.

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask.

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Hi Darren,

I was on this site this year inat end of June.As already posted some of the sites are very dark due to high hedges and some have NO shade at all.The private facilities are a bonus but the one we had was on the next pitch,about 3 feet from their awning door.

The kids activities were very good and well organaised,The pool however was a waste of space.I think it was an after thought,stuck up beside the restaurant.TOOOO small by far for a site of that size.You have a bigger slide in your own bath.

As DJM has already said it is predominatly used by clannish Dutch people...Thought I was in Amsterdam. The big bogey however was the Migies.They were like Japanese Kamakazie dive bombers...except the swines got away to do the same to you again.They were dreadfull,so bad we left the site two weeks early.

Also not a cheap site.

Regards

John

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
John,

Thanks very much for your comments, pretty much decided not to go there now. Thinking of southwest area and a lakeside side near Azur, called la paillotte.

Cheer again,

Darren

TRENDING THREADS