La Pergola Caravan Site, Doucier, Jura

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone stayed on this site? The pitches seem to be awkward to access. We have a Bailey Senator Arizona, aprox shiping length 7.3 metres. Any advice appreciated. Alison

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I didn't respond immediately, because our stay there was quite a long time ago, and I thought someone might have more recent experience. However, as no one has responded, here goes, for what it is worth. The pitches on this site do vary a lot, because of the terracing etc., and I think some of the pitches would be difficult for a large caravan. On the other hand, some pitches are available which would be perfectly acceptable. This is the only campsite where I have ever, in 25 years, requested a change of pitch. We were initially given a pitch one row back from the lakeside, on a hard gravelly pitch, which we really did not like. After a few days, one of the grass pitches by the lakeside became vacant, and when it was still vacant 24 hours later, I went along to reception and asked if we could move. After a bit of shaking of heads, they agreed that that would be in order, and from that moment our whole holiday experience changed for the better. So, my advice would be, check the pitchs available and go for one that is suitable for your needs.

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
I didn't respond immediately, because our stay there was quite a long time ago, and I thought someone might have more recent experience. However, as no one has responded, here goes, for what it is worth. The pitches on this site do vary a lot, because of the terracing etc., and I think some of the pitches would be difficult for a large caravan. On the other hand, some pitches are available which would be perfectly acceptable. This is the only campsite where I have ever, in 25 years, requested a change of pitch. We were initially given a pitch one row back from the lakeside, on a hard gravelly pitch, which we really did not like. After a few days, one of the grass pitches by the lakeside became vacant, and when it was still vacant 24 hours later, I went along to reception and asked if we could move. After a bit of shaking of heads, they agreed that that would be in order, and from that moment our whole holiday experience changed for the better. So, my advice would be, check the pitchs available and go for one that is suitable for your needs.
Thanks, Chrissie - I will make sure we ask or a grass pitch near the lake. Alison

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts