ladies by the road

May 5, 2005
Visit site
came back fro Cypsela Park at Pals and saw a number of 'ladies' at laybys in Spain .Wife says that they are ladies of oldest profession,anyone seen his and got any other suggestions or is she right

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Plotter if you want to go with the shirt lifters at Studland feel free to do so. It is not a very long drive from Lyme Regis across to Studland - you should get there before evening time so as to study the lay of the land. It is a case of what takes your fancy.

May 5, 2005
Visit site
they did not look shall we say appetising,perhaps gypsies if I am allowed to say that I said to my dear wife that they might have footpads waiting for someone to stop.I did offer to prove my theory but I got a slap

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No it is your continual bellyaching about Poole and Studland Beach that I automatically thought that it was that area you were referring to. Incidently the postal address for Studland is Poole. The worst snake to be careful of there are adders as they nest in the heath land. Other snakes are also known to be seen there on the dunes and heath land. Bill Oddy did a TV naturist programme from there a little while ago in search of reptiles.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
naturist -noun

1. a person who appreciates the beauty and benefits of nature.

2. a nudist.

which one Colin ?

As it was Bill Oddy I hope it wasn't the later ;O)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Brian it was one of his series of nature programmes of Britain. What a marvellous job - being paid for following his hobby. He did an excellent nature programme on Vancouver Island a few months ago. Wander if he could do with an assistant as it would be just the job I would like.

G

In response to the original post, you will find this 'operation' in many countries of Europe. Often in the middle of nowhere curiously enough. However, stop at your own risk. There is usally a 'minder' at a short distance and they have no scruples about what they may do to you. Many of the 'girls' are from Eastern Europe and have been pressed into this occupation by either their families, or by traffickers. Their main customers are often the trucker from Eastern Europe.

This is not speaking from personal experience but from information from locals, who are not too impressed. Of course Aids is commonplace.

Need I say more??

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We've seen them too, often with the minder in a white van in a nearby layby. Often they 'flash' to indicate their profession! We've seen them in Spain, around the Toulon area (Hello sailor?) and down some of the major roads through southern France. Definitely 'ladies of the night' (or day) but a real health and safety risk I would have thought!

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
Valerie,

You are right about the health and safty aspect of the job. After all they could be so easy run over and hurt. Fortunatly the French dont have our high regard for the HSE.

ttfn

Sep 2, 2006
Visit site
Clocked them also on way home from Eldelfin verde last month, got to admit when i saw the first one i thought it could have been someone that had broken down, the first one was walking against the traffic, by the look of their suntans they do a lot of waiting around, bit seedy really. How did you rate cypsela just out interest?.

Regards Paul.

May 5, 2005
Visit site
loved it its great for kids huge pool and childrens pool,big play area and good security at all times.They also seem to allow anything on plot eg gazebo,extra tent not like here where its apound for this pound for that.Didnt have much trouble with radios and late night noise although I could see it could happen.We were in a mobile home (3rd time) but would like to take our van down if we had more time.

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
Know what you mean David.

We have only yesterday arrived home from El Delfin Verde and saw the ladies that you refer to but they are officers of the local councils and it is their job to count how many cars pass that section of road. Well that's what we told the kids.

Also David thanks for your recommendation to stop over at Salbris, it is a nice little site with a great swimming pool right next door to it.

Brum

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Know what you mean David.

We have only yesterday arrived home from El Delfin Verde and saw the ladies that you refer to but they are officers of the local councils and it is their job to count how many cars pass that section of road. Well that's what we told the kids.

Also David thanks for your recommendation to stop over at Salbris, it is a nice little site with a great swimming pool right next door to it.

Brum
"naturist -noun

2. a nudist."

Do you mean natualist?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
naturist -noun

2. a nudist.

which one Colin ?

As it was Bill Oddy I hope it wasn't the later ;O)
"naturist -noun

2. a nudist."

Do you mean natualist?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts