lagging heater pipe

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I used this on my underfloor tubes and long runs under beds to front vent. Made a HUGE difference to temperature output at vent, but as someone has posted before a small hole in tube may help prevent damp/cold under seating/beds.

Some fiddling with the fan distribution lever helps too. I found that shutting down airflow to rear area completely isn't a good idea; the heater and fan got very hot! The front tube can't shift enough heat it seems, so some rear heat maybe a must.

On similar topic: my fan is a bad fit to rear of heater, I will be trying to fix it more securely and reduce heat loss into wheel arch area, which I will insulate with foam camping mat?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I did part of mine with fibre glass plastic covered from left over loft tank insulation and part with the above from Homebase

The fibreglass lets virtually no heat through whereas the silver wrap round on the same pipe is quite warm to touch which to my thinking means more heat loss

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
you could try this

http://www.pipelagging.com/armaflex-black-class-pipe-insulation-c-9.html?osCsid=375a34d91302ea2d633907e5595ef06d
but I doubt is everso cheap. I used the foil sandwitch from Wicks or B&Q. I took the cable ties off the underside ducting and managed to get the whole length of the ducting under the van wrapped with two layers and then I sealed it with duct tape and then replaced the cable ties. The van was warm and toasty on electric only and so was the bathroom where the duct comes out, even over Xmas with 6" snow on the ground

Sep 19, 2007
Visit site
you could try this

http://www.pipelagging.com/armaflex-black-class-pipe-insulation-c-9.html?osCsid=375a34d91302ea2d633907e5595ef06d
but I doubt is everso cheap. I used the foil sandwitch from Wicks or B&Q. I took the cable ties off the underside ducting and managed to get the whole length of the ducting under the van wrapped with two layers and then I sealed it with duct tape and then replaced the cable ties. The van was warm and toasty on electric only and so was the bathroom where the duct comes out, even over Xmas with 6" snow on the ground
I can`t believe that new vans, costing thousands of pounds,are being produced in 2010 with unlagged external heating pipes.

Sep 19, 2007
Visit site
you could try this

Sorry, I should have replied under Reply to Topic not Comment

TRENDING THREADS