Lake district sites

May 22, 2008
Visit site
Am planning on going to the lake district from Northern Ireland next summer, any one recommend some sites.There will be myself, the missus and 4 kids ranging from 17 to 9.

thanks

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
I can recommend Troutbeck which is a C&CC site. 10 minutes drive from Keswick with good walks from site and fantastic scenery. Facilities are spotless. This is a quiet site which requires a car to get to local pubs etc.

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
It really depends on whether you are looking for a quiet site with beautiful views but need a car to visit places or do you want a site with everything laid on for the different ages, pool etc. (not sure of anything like that in the lakes) We tend to go for sites which are within walking distance of one of the towns but also in a lovely setting. The C&CC site in Keswick or The CC site (Braithwaite Fold) in Bowness. We also really like Fallbarrow Park in Bowness - going there tonight for 3 nights.

G

Book well ahead if you wish the site of your choice, especially over a weekend. Also be aware that in the event of heavy rain (not unknown) sites such as Keswick will reduce the number of pitches because of waterlogging.

I have visited the Lake District a number of times. We have yet to have a dry one, but then again maybe we are just unlucky. I also found it a pretty expensive place, everybody has their hand out wanting money.

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Try looking at the Holgates web-site.I haven't been there but my son used it a lot.......expensive but you get what you pay for.

www.holgates.co.uk

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'll go with Mark. The Troutbeck CCC site is brilliant. Stunning views, immaculate toilet, shower facilities. I love it. The wardens are brilliant.

Lisa

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Hi Anthony, We have been to the Parkfoot site, in Ullswater quite a few times now and we are going again in Oct, it has the large site, or the smaller site across the road. They have a club with cafe/resturant, a very good shop, there is pony trekking, and access to the lake, Where ever you go it will be lovely it is the lakes after all

Jacquie

Aug 17, 2008
Visit site
Would throughly recommend The Croft at Hawkeshead. 5 min walk into town with several shops, cafes and pubs. Lovely area with lots to see and do, also when we went in 2007 was cheaper than sites nearer to Lake Windermere.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts